THE BEGINNING OF THE END

EMEKA

Be as gentle as a dove and as wise as a serpent

I woke up and found out that I was alone in the room which means Chidi and Chinedu had gone out. I sat down on the mat and thought of events that occured yesterday. First I joined some kind of occultic group, then that idiot Chinedu pissed me off. That punch I gave him is exactly what he deserved.

I was still laying on the mat when I remembered that Sniper have me 3,000 dollars for the operation we had carried out yesterday. In joy I quickly put my hand in pocket and brought the cash out, looking at it i still couldn't believe it was all mine

When I heard a knock on the door, I quickly put the money back into my pocket before going to find out who was as the door.

I opened the door only to find Bose or Madam Bose as she liked to be called, the landlord's second wife.

"Ahah, Madam Bose, good morning oo. How can I help you?" I asked. "Morin oo omo igbo, just came to ask you something iyo". She responded in her thick yoruba accent.

I ushered her in and offered her a seat on the only plastic chair in our room. This woman asked me if I knew about any kind of relationship between Chinedu and Njideka because she heard them laughing and talking last night as if they were old lovers.

She offered to give me anything I wanted in exchange for the information I had, while she was making the offer she kept on lifting up her breasts, letting me know her body was also in the table.

I saw this an another opportunity to screw Chinedu over again by telling this woman infront of me what she wanted to hear even though it was fake information.
I told her that they were indeed lovers back out village, then for the fun of it I decided to ruin Njideka's life also.

I told Madam Bose Njideka's story which Child told me, of how and why she changed her name to Belinda.

When I done telling Madam Bose all she needed to hear, I could see the look in her eyes, it was that of a jealous co-wife who had just found enough dirt on her husband favorite wife, which could demote her from that position. I had no doubt that this need was joining to reach the ears of the landlord.

She was a grateful, she promised to come back when her husband was not around to give me my "reward". I didn't need her reward though, I had already gotten what I wanted which was a chance to destroy the lives of Chinedu and Njideka.

                                    ***

*CHINEDU*

'Hey oo, my husband is back'. She was panicking now. I quickly got down from your bed and ran into her wardrobe.

"Ahah honey, this one you're tying towel are you about to bath?" I heard her husband ask. "Yes oo my husband" I heard her respond. After that I didn't hear anything for while before so I decided to peep to see what was going on. What I saw disgusted me.

Through to the small space I saw Mr John on top of his wife going up and down. I wish I could wash my eyes with soap and water to under what I saw. The moan that slipped out if Silvia's mouth made the experience worse. I had to leave because if I didn't I knew that I was going to throw up abd that will blow my cover.

I waited in that dark and stuffy closet for about 30 minutes. Luckily for me, Mr John wasn't as prolific as me in bed. Once he entered the bath room with his wife, I quickly ran out of the house and wore my clothes before leaving the compound.

On my way home, I thanked God in my heart for allowing me escape safely. Imagine what would have happened if I had been caught . By now I would either be in a physical exchange with Mr John or I would have been on my way to the police station. Well thank God I wasn't caught

Instead of going straight home, I decided to go to a bar to celebrate my good luck. I ordered for a bottle of Guilder with peppered meat. I always drank Guilder because this brand reminded me of the village, my true home.

I was sipping the beer when a group of  notorious looking men walked into the bar. They were a cult, I was sure. What happened next shocked me.

End of another chapter y'all

Thanks for reading it. I decided to make it shorter, what do you think of that. Kindly comment.

Votes, comments and shares will be appreciated

Shout out to @Majiri__Othuke for making my new book cover. I really appreciate it girl 👍👍