Chapter 14. Annihilation of sweets

Trilochan was sitting on the sofa with his legs far apart and his cane between them, anxiously awaiting for the arrival of the children.

It was already four, but none of his kids were home, it was way past their lunch time.
Bihari was standing beside him, watching his bade maalik restlessly waiting for his beta and bahu, without having his lunch. He himself along with his binoy maalik and sampoorna maalkin has tried to feed him, but being the stubborn zamindaar he is, has refused all of their failed attempts of coercion, not ready to take even a single before his children arrive.

He knew that after last night's blunder,  bade maalik was bound to be more vigilant towards the younger generation, specially his chhoti maalkin. But looking at him being so anxious was not sitting right with him.

"Maalik, you should have some food. They are all mature,it's possible that they got busy in school, don't take tension, they will return before it is too late. " Bihari again tried to persuade him into having his food.

"No Bihari, I won't take a single morsel of food before all of they arrive. " Replied the zamindar still adamant  on his decision.
" And you tell me, how late it has already gotten, I can understand that Som goes to college now and studying medicine, he is bound to take extra lectures sometime. But what about bahu and Batuk, they don't attend college, and school has some regulations, it closes at scheduled time everyday. What is the reason for their delay. "

"But maalik...... " Bihari again tried to persuade him, but was cut off before he could say anything.

"No but s..... I have made up my mind. I won't eat untill they arrive. " Trilochan said in a authoritative tone , stomping his cane on the ground.

"And don't try to open your mouth in front of me again. You don't tell me what's right and what's wrong. So, keep your mouth shut. " He threatened Bihari.

Bihari just let out a dejected sigh, knowing very well that he could not move his stubborn maalik. Knowing very well that he could do nothing other than worry about his health.
Just then he saw his chhoti maalkin along with his two maalik entering the haveli.

"Maalik.... " He started in a cheerful voice

"What bihari? Didn't I told you to shut your mouth. " Trilochan replied clearly irritated by his servants interruptions

"But maalik... "

"Are you disobeying me now Bihari? Have I gone too soft on you these days. "
Trilochan raised his voice at him., clearly angry and his servant who had now downed his face.

"Kaka sasurji please don't scold bhari babu like that. "

His anger immediately calmed down upon listening to the sweet soft voice that belonged to his bahu.

"Bahu... " He looked towards the source of the voice to see his bahu standing their in her school uniform, along with his two nephews. "You came back... I didn't notice because of this bihari who engaged me in his small talks. " He said glaring at his servant.

Bihari bit his tongue at his statement, first he didn't let him finish his sentence and now is also accusing him of causing a distraction.

"And bahu, why did you come so late, do you know how worried I was? " Trilochan's voice was filled with concern, concern for his children.
His eyes scanned his bahu for any harm, and then to his two nephews, who was standing there in disheveled state, hair messy, clothes crumpled and ... wet.

"What happened to you two? " He furrowed his eyesbrows looking at the two young boys.

"Sorry kaka sasurji for making you worry. I actually had to go the library to get some books, and I lost the track of time. So, Batuk and Som dada had to wait for me that's why we got late." Bondita quickly apologised to her kaka sasurji.