~ escaping the forest ~

[Six's POV]

Mono and Seven are being dragged behind me, they are so slow. I thought they wanted to leave this shack, didn't they? I'm starting to get slightly jealous as they continue to hold hands and talk whilst I do all the work. Eventually, we get to a room where the hunter is ripping apart a piece of mysterious meat, the tearing sounds make Seven gag.

"Oi! Shut up so we don't get caught.."

I hiss at them and they quickly nod. They have stopped holding hands now, so I see my chance. I grab Mono's hand and before he can get Seven's, I yank him away, trying to stay quiet so the hunter doesn't hear us. After holding my breath for so long, I let out a sigh as we get to a trapdoor in the wall, our escape.

"Guys, we need to push this open then we can get out," I whisper to them, "try and be quite, ok?"

"Ok." ... "Ok..."

I nod and take my hand away from Mono's, placing them both on the trapdoor as I start to push. The rusty hinges resist my prying, so the other two quickly join in. Eventually, the door swings open, but with a consequence. A loud creak is emitted from the hinges, and a startled grunt is heard from the hunter. I hear him grab his shotgun as he kicks open the door with amazing strength.

"RUN!!"

I screech as I head behind the nearest crate, the hunter pushing a bullet into the barrel of his gun. The other boys make it behind the crate just in time for it to be exploded, and I start running to the next one. This happens again 4 more times (I forgot what happens so I'll just get to the part where they hide in some grass, and then the fluff begins.) before we all run into some long grass. The hunter looked away for a minute to reload his gun, before quickly walking into the tall grass to look for us.

As he shines his flashlight around looking for us, I head muffled crying behind me. I see Mono putting his hand on Seven's mouth to stop him being too loud with his other hand making small circles on his back. Seven is clearly panicking, but I just grunt, the jealousy taking over. We eventually jump down into a pit covered by a small ledge so the hunter can't see us, Mono suggested this so he could calm Seven down.

As soon as we get down, Mono guides Seven into his arms, hugging him tightly and making circle motions on his back. Seven cried into his shirt as Mono made quiet 'shh' noises, trying to the best of his ability to calm Seven down. He clamped his arms back around Mono and dug his face into Mono's trench coat, my blood burned with jealousy by this point.

Mono slid down onto the floor with Seven still in his arm, holding him close as he slowly stroked his hair. Small sniffles escaped Seven as Mono did this, showing his success.

"Feeling better?" Mono asked, care showing brightly in his voice.

"U-uh.. y-yeah.. thanks, and s-sorry for making your s-shirt wet..." Seven replied, stuttering as he continued to sniffle.

"Oh, it's fine, as long as you are ok."

Mono lifted Seven's head up to meet his gaze, smiling at him even though he couldn't see through the paper bag. Seven smiled back as I watched bitterly.

Hmh, how pathetic. Seven doesn't deserve Mono, he's such a crybaby, and he always overreacts over little things. Either way, I would probably give Mono more attention and love in the end-

"Six? You ok?"

My train of though crashed and burned as Mono's soft voice cut through my mind.

"U-uh.. y-yeah I'm fine.." I said trying to sound sad, hoping Mono would give me some attention as well.

"You seem... sad though," Mono looked back at Seven, "so, you feel better?" Seven nodded and Mono whispered something to him. Seven looked sad, but nodded again, getting off of Mono and sitting down next to him.

Mono got up and walked towards me, before holding his arms out before me, drawing me into a hug. I happily obliged, wrapping my arms around his thin frame and basking in the bliss. Mono made the hug tighter, making it so that his trench coat folded over me slightly, causing it to look like we were sharing it.

I looked back over at Seven, only to see a sad expression plastered on his face. As soon as he caught my eye, he scowled and turned away slightly, I only smirked back.

When Mono let go of me, I felt warm inside, it was a fuzzy feeling like when something really good happens. I... love it.

"Well, we should get going before that lunatic comes back." Mono said, laughing to himself quietly.

"Yeah, I guess so.." Seven replies, god, you can even hear the lack of confidence in his voice.

Mono leads us out of the small dip, (they just leave in this book so the hunter doesn't die hah) and we reach a lake. I wasn't really sure if it was a lake, an ocean or a river, due to the abundance of fog coating the surface.

"Hey look, we can get across on this."

I turn around to see Seven pointing to a washed up door as Mono walks over to him and quickly ruffles his hair.

"Good work Seven! Let's get this into the water then.." "O-okay.." Seven replies, blushing. It seems any touch from Mono can please him then, huh? Wow. Just, wow.

I walk over to them and start helping to push the door into the water. When we get it in, we quickly get on top, spreading ourselves out so we don't sink the door.

My only problem with that? It means Mono and Seven are together again. On the other side of the door. And I can't get in between them.

It was set out like this because even though Mono is the tallest easily, he is surprisingly light, and so is Seven, since he doesn't eat much. And I'm over here because I weigh more than them, maybe combined.

Eventually after what felt like forever listening to their conversations as I sat alone, the door came to a holt as it beached itself on the other side of the body of water.

"So, we are here," Mono said, walking onto the bank.

"We are where?" I questioned.

"The pale city."

[another chapter. 3 in one day right, ok.. anyways, I hope you are enjoying this story so far..]

[1125 words]

[🥫🧂]