Chapter 1.

Kids go to normal school in this story.

Miles's POV.

[At Down Town Brown]

Sometimes I wonder if homework makes my sister dead to the world. Whenever she's doing homework, nothing around her matters.

How do I know this? I've been flicking rice grains at her face for the past twenty minutes and she hasn't even flinched. Crazy, isn't it?

"Mika." I said, flicking another one, it landed right in her book. "Mika, Mika, Mika!" Still nothing. It's like that book has absorbed all the life from her.

I snatched it right out of her grip. "Hey!" She snarled, reaching to grab it back from me. "Give that back!"

It's at these times that the fact that she's so short comes in handy. I laughed as I held the book high up in the air and watched Mika try in futile to take it back. "Miles. Stop. Give it back!" She kept whining.

A few feet away from us, our parents were ordering us light coffees and couldn't see the ruccuss we were making but a few people at the tables around us had cranes their necks in our direction. Nosey creeps.

I brought the book down a little and waited for Mika to try and grab it before jerking it up again and laughing at the look of frustration on her face. It's so fun to mess with her like this. She needs it anyway, she's always glued to her books. "Ooh, you were so close just now." I said, removing the book from her reach again. "I am going to kill you!" She raged, trying to grab it back from me.

"Miles, stop bothering your sister." Mom said as she and dad joined us at the table. Well, I geuss fun's over. "Fine." I sighed and gave it back to her. Mika grabbed it and kicked me hard in the shins under the table. "Ow!"

Mika huffed and tucked her hair behind her ear before turning her gaze back to her book. "Great, now I lost my page!" She raged. "Ha!" I laughed and she kicked me again. "Ow! Mom!" I complained. Mom sighed and looked like she would rather be anywhere but here. "Mika, stop kicking your brother." She said, tiredly. "He started it!" Mika said and I argued. "Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

Mom and Dad looked at each other with the same look on their faces and took simultaneous sips of their coffees. Then dad suddenly slammed his on the table and said sternly, "That's enough." Mika and I became silent.

Mika resumed her homework and I heard a ding from my pocket. I reached in and grabbed my phone, pulling it out. It was a text from Bose.

It's like that dude gets wierder the longer I know him

It's like that dude gets wierder the longer I know him. What's he on about now?

I was waiting for him to reply when dad said, "No phones at the table. You know the rule."

"That rule applies to the family table, we're at a restaurant." I said.

He gave me a stern eye.

"Fine." I said. I put my phone in my pocket and instantly heard another ding. Bose had replied.

Dad got up. "Welp, time to let the coffee out." He said leaving his seat. "Ugh, please just say 'I have to pee'." Mom said, rolling her eyes. Mika giggled. Dad sighed. "Fine. I have to pee." He said. "Thank you." My mom said as Dad left. Then Mom got distracted on her phone and Mika was back to being dead to the world. I can't believe my mom would disobey her own rule. Whatever. If she gets to use her phone, I do too, right?

With that I pulled my phone back out to see what Bose had sent.

Okay, now I'm worried. What's up with him?

I texted back "Let's meet at school instead."

We were supposed to be there in 15 minutes anyway. But what's got his Captain America underpants in such a twist? With Bose, anything is possible and there's always a reason to worry.

My thoughts were interrupted when dad came back and he and mom started talking about whatever it is adults talk about.

I tapped Mika's shoulder. She didn't move. I rolled my eyes and took her book again. "Really?!" She yelled. I didn't let her finish her complaint and shoved my phone in her face for her to read the texts.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she slowly took the phone from me. "What's up with Bose?" She asked, distracted by what she was reading. I shrugged. "I don't know. But it must be serious if he's talking about going to jail or whatever." Either that or it's not even serious at all. I mean, it's Bose we're talking about. "Maybe we should go." Mika said, getting up. She turned to our parents. "Mom, Dad, we're heading to school now."

"Have fun!" Mom called after us as we left. "And please for the love of God be good!"

No promises, mother.

***

Chapa's POV

"And then, he actually has the nerve to just walk up to me and say hi."

I rolled my eyes listening to Bose ramble on and on.

"I mean, seriously?! Hi?! It's like we were friends or something! We were never friends! And we never will be!"

He really needs to calm down.

I've learnt something about him today. The dude does not shut up when he's upset. I don't even think this is such a big deal. Bose on the other hand is having a complete meltdown over it. I've had to listen to him complain for over an hour now. Trying not to fall asleep actually.

You will tell no one about this, but he's actually kinda scary when he's this upset and I don't want him shooting dagger eyes at me so I'm just going to listen to everything he says and nod in agreement.

"Chapa? Chapa!"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Huh?"

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yeah, yeah, Neshville's bad and you're amazing." I said rolling my eyes.

"Thank you!"

Mika and Miles walked into the classroom. "We're here!" Mika said. "What's the emergency?!"

Great. Now I have to listen to Bose complain about this all over again...