Isabella's Return & Feelings Released

(Jasmine's Outfit Above)

Sitting in my truck with my dad, I drive us to the Swan house to welcome home Isabella. Jacob, my little brother drives behind me, in his/Charlie's welcome back gift. For those who don't know me, I'm Jasmine Black. My sisters Rebecca and Rachel are older than me by one year, and Jacob is our little brother. I am three years older than Jacob and in college. Anyway driving to the Swan residence, I sigh annoyed with having to be here. Isabella or "Bella" and I have NEVER gotten along. When we were younger and she visited, all she would do is complain about the cold weather, or boss me and my siblings around. Even though I am older than her, she has been a bully to me. She always tried to steal some of my jewelry that my mom gave me.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when Charlie's house comes into view. Parking my navy blue ford truck, my dad, Billy speaks, "please be nice, Jas. Who knows, maybe she's changed since we last saw her."

"I'll try to be nice but don't expect me to forget that she's tried to steal from me and mom," I say to my dad. He nods in acceptance and I climb out of my truck. As I walk around to my dad's side to help him out, I straighten out my black leather jacket and dark moss green blouse. My faded dark blue jeans hug my legs showing my curves and my black ankle boot heels keep my feet warm.

Just as Jacob pulls up and I close my truck door with my dad in his wheelchair next to me, Isabella and Charlie come out. "Bella, you remember Billy, Jacob and Jasmine Black?"

"Yeah, how are you doing Billy?" she says/asks, nervously fiddling with her shirt sleeves.

"I'm good, roll'in around wherever I go. I'll be able to get some peace and quiet now that you're home," dad replies to Isabella, "Jacob wouldn't stop talking about you."

As my dad and Charlie talk, I see the small smirk on her face from hearing my dad's words about Jacob. Leaning against my truck, I text Emily about planning her and Sam's wedding, while Jacob tries, miserably might I add, to flirt with Isabella. Hearing my name, I glance up to my brother and the brat, "hey Jasmine, how are you doing?" Isabella asks, wearing a fake smile and glancing at my sapphire heart gem necklace that was my mom's until she passed away.

"I'm good, I'd rather be at home working on my homework for my degree," I reply with a little venom in my voice

"Jas, play nice," my brother interjects, glaring at me slightly. I glare back at him before I return to conversation with Emily.

"No, it's alright. I recall, we didn't really get along," Isabella says, getting Jake's focus back on her. I see the small glare she sends me before putting on a sweet face when Charlie and dad come back over from wherever they went off to.

"So what do you think of your gift?" Charlie asks her, gesturing to the truck Jake came in, but she thinks he is talking about my truck.

"Wait, this truck? Yeah, I love it," she says, starting to walk towards my truck.

"Umm, no! This is my truck! Charlie is talking about that one," I state, halting her movements and point to the other truck. "Also dad and Jake, I have to get going soon," I say to my brother and father. They nod to me and head to my truck, Jake helping dad in.

"Oh, hey Jas, I was actually wondering if we could actually hang out maybe?" Isabella says/asks me.

"Sorry, can't. I have final projects I need to get done and I'm already meeting with a friend."

"Well, how about Bella joins you and your friend?" Jake suggests after getting dad into my truck.

"No, because I'm going over to Emily's," I say strongly to Jake before I look back to Isabella, "and don't call me Jas, only my family and friends call me that. And you said so yourself that we didn't really get along meaning we're not friends. Let's go Jacob," I snap at the end and immediately get in my truck.

After a while on the way home, Jacob speaks, "you could've been a bit nicer to Bella. If we get together like I plan, then she's gonna be family."

"I'm sorry if I would rather be with Emily helping plan her wedding, or hanging out with Paul, my best friend, or working on my art and English degree. And that was as nice as I'll be to her," I begin saying, as my grip on the wheel tightens.

"Well that's not good enough! What did she do to make you hate? Because whatever she did, you need to get over it," Jake exclaims as we pull up to the house. I park the truck and we get out to help dad.

After dad is out and in his wheelchair, I slam the door shut before I turn my harsh gaze to Jacob, "I'm sorry, what!? No, I won't get over the fact that when we were kids, she'd boss me around and say that I was ugly or the bunch of other things she said that caused me to have self-confidence problems until I was 14! I will not get over the fact that she has tried to steal my own jewelry or the jewelry that mom gave me and that she hit me when I wouldn't give it to her!" I yell at my brother, letting my built up anger burst, "I'm so sorry if my mental; emotional and physical health mean nothing to you, my brother, but it means something to me! And just so you know, Isabella kept eyeing my necklace or glaring at me. And don't tell me that I was imagining it or that I'm overreacting, Jacob, because I am not doing this for attention! I am telling you this because I am your sister, your family, and out of confidence that you won't break my trust and out of anger I've had building up since we started seeing Isabella as kids. Now I'm gonna go change and head out for a run through the woods, I'll have my phone with me if you or I need to call for an emergency and ONLY for an emergency."

Taking their shocked expressions and silence as an opportunity, I walk away and toward my room so I can change. As I'm changing to go for my run, I can't help but think and worry about all the problems that may come with Isabella's return.