Ch. 1 Introduction

"You better hide when you see this dragon!"

'There he goes again.' Thought Katsuro as he watched his older brother go to town on some punks.

They were both 11 years old at the time, having been born on May 10, in the year 1990. A few other boys were talking some smack about Ken, so while Katuro suggested to ignore them, Ken decided to beat them up and teach them a lesson.

'Though I doubt just giving them punches will make them learn anything besides to talk about him in private areas.' He sighed before he called his brother over.

"What!" Ken yelled back at him.

"Quit messin' around! We got things to do besides getting tattoos on your head!"

"It looks cool and you know it!" Ken remarked before finishing up a guy by punching him. He jogged over to his brother.

"You always take the fun out of everything."

"You're supposed to be the responsible one." Scolded Kat.

"Says you." Ken mumbled.

As they walked, Katsuro began to talk about their previous topic. "Your tattoo just shows off the fact that you're a delinquent."

"So?"

"Other people won't like us."

"Why do you care?"

Stopping in his tracks, Katsuro turned to look at his brother. "I don't. But I don't want people to get the wrong idea of me."

"Wrong?" Ken rose a brow, scoffing. "You wanted to beat those bastards as much as I did back there."

"Damn right I did." Kat clenched his fists before he breathed in, calming himself. "But I also didn't. I didn't act on it. There's a difference between wanting to do something and not doing it, Kenny."

"Don't call me that!" Ken scowled. "I'm older than you."

"Then act like it."

"How about you act younger than me for a change? Geez, you're always acting like a grandpa."

"Wha-no, I'm not!" Sighing through his nose, Katsuro continued. "Look, I don't care what people think of me. But its kinda important since I'm tryna get good opportunities from school, and sucking up to people is part of the job. So, they can't know I'm part of the delinquent life. The minute they see me with you, they'll know."

"But we go to the same school." Ken said with confusion, tilting his head.

"Which is why when middle school starts..." Kat took in a breathe, locking eyes with his brother. "I want you to stay as far away from me as possible."

"What?! Why?!" Ken demanded to know. "We're brothers! It's gonna say so on our papers! They're gonna know!"

"Yeah, but if I stay away from you, get good grades, regularly compliment and suck up to each and every teacher, they might doubt that. They'll automatically put us in two different categories."
Ken's face screwed up in a scowl.

"So, promise me?" Katsuro stuck his pinky out. Ken huffed in retaliation, turning and walking away.

"I ain't promisin' nothin'!" He claimed. "I'm your brother, Kat, you should be proud I'm so cool!"

"You're a real piece of work is what you are." Kat sighed as he followed after his older brother.

"Hey, kids!" They heard a foreign voice, making them both stop and look to see who it was.

"Who the fuck are they?" Katsuro made sure to mumble it under his breath in a way Ken could hear him.

"No idea." Was his brothers quick reply.