Ch. 2 Fight Club

Hearing the buzzer reminded him of where he was. The guard opened the door for him, looking at him boredly. At first his gaze had been stern, looking at him with caution, now the guard was just waiting for his visit to be over so he can have his lunch break.

The guard was used to him, being familiar with the many, many visits he's had.

Katsuro moved, walking almost robotically as he took a seat, eyes glancing up for a mere second to make sure he was in the correct spot.

He averted his gaze as he picked up the phone, his other hand using his fingers to tap the table.

He glanced again, seeing his old friend pick up the phone.

"...So, I heard you get out in a few days..." Was his conversation starter.

The gold eyed boy stared at him before he finally spoke. "Yeah, what about it?"

Katsuro shrugged. "Dunno, I just..." He shrugged again, eyes staring down at the table.

"I want everything to be how it used to be." He muttered into the jail phone, but an immediate laugh greeted his ears.

"Back to how it used to be?!" The black haired boy threw his head back, laughing. He finally settled down, a cold gaze landing on the boy in front of him.

"Don't joke around like that, Kat. It's not funny."

"Really? But you were just laughing." Kat smirked a bit, but it didn't fool either of them. He was uneasy.

"Laughing at how stupid you sound." Katsuro noticed the tight grip the boy had on the phone, and he seen him clenching his teeth. He sighed, hanging his head.

"...I'm serious, Kazutora." It was a whisper, one that sounded desperate and broken. "Things aren't the same-"

"Of course things aren't the fucking same!" Kazutora raised his voice, eyes widening in frustration. "I killed Mikey's brother!! And...and I plan on killing Mikey next."

"You told me not to joke around, and yet here you are." Katsuro shook his head, blonde hair swaying back and forth.

"I'm serious, Katsuro." A dark look appeared in Kazutora's eyes, and a crazed grin took over his face.

It all seemed off, though.

"I'm going to kill Mikey!" He exclaimed gleefully, and Katsuro glared at him.

"Quit fucking joking, Tora. I told you to quit that shit months ago-"

"It's been years, Katsuro!!" Kazutora yelled before he lowered his voice. He's getting off on good behavior, he's not about to expose himself. "It hasn't been months. It's been three fucking years."

"...You need to stop-"

"Me? What about you? You think this is some sort of joke, all of this. You're delusional, because the moment I get out of this damned place, I'm killing Mikey, and you're going to be next."

Keeping his head low, he listened to Kazutora's words with a heavy heart, lightly shaking his head.

"...You never were funny. That's the one trait you always lacked."

"Good thing you know this isn't a funny joke then." They stared into each others eyes, a small smile making its way into Kazutora's face.

"Tell me, Suro...how's your relationship with Mikey?"

Tug

"...Don't stray off topic, Kazutor-"

Kazutora hissed. "Shut the hell up! You don't wanna listen to me about killing you and Mikey!? Then how about me killing Draken?! Your dear, precious older brother!? How about-"