06 | six

Ace Black

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I slapped my hand down onto it and put my stuff on for my morning jog. My dad would make me go on jogs with him early in the morning ever since I was ten years old. He doesn't do it during the summer because he calls it my "rest months." Even though he's not here to make me do them, it's still a good habit to get into.

I quickly slipped on my sweatpants and T-shirt and walked out of my room. Jay was laying on the couch, snoring, with drool dripping down his mouth. I chuckled and took a picture of him, knowing it was going in my blackmail folder. As I made my way downstairs, I ran into Bree.

"Good morning," She smiled.

"Don't talk to me," I scoffed, walking past her.

"Why? What did I do?" Bree asked.

"You scared Mel. You know that right? You can't go around threatening everyone," I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't mean it-" Bree retorted.

"No, you did. We all know you did. You mean it. You just don't do anything about it," I grumbled, putting my headphones in and heading outside. I didn't feel like running the block, so I ran around the school twice then headed back inside.

Jay was still asleep when I got inside, but it was only 6:30 am so he still has a little time. I took a quick shower and threw on some jeans and a white tank top.

"Bro- Jay, wake up," I slapped the back of his head while putting my shoes on.

"Ow, what the hell, dude?!" Jay exclaimed.

I looked at him dumbfoundingly, "It's 6:50 am-"

"So?" He glared.

"So, you have to get ready for school," I said, slipping my other shoe on.

"Nah, I got five minutes left," As soon as he said that, his alarm went off. "Great, now I missed five minutes of sleep. Thanks."

"You're welcome," I smiled and left our dorm. I made my way to the cafeteria, where Selene was waiting for me.

"I got you a breakfast burrito," She yawned.

"You look terrible-" I remarked as she handed me the burrito.

"I went to bed at like 3 am, then woke up at 6:30, so-" Selene mumbled.

"Aren't you not supposed to do that?" I chuckled.

"No one's supposed to do that, now shut up," Selene grumbled. I laughed as we went to find a place to sit.

~~~First Period~~~

Selene, Melionë, and I split from the small group we formed with Isaiah and Jay. Selene was trying to explain to Melionë some "regular" ways of texting. Melionë was nodding and taking notes while I tried to make sure she didn't accidentally bump into anyone. We weren't that far from class when we heard, "Watch where you're going, Fatty!"

"I-I'm sorry. I-I wasn't l-looking where I-I was going-'' Ally, a girl I remembered from last year, stuttered.

"Clearly!" Bree yelled. "Do you need glasses to make you even more of an outcast than you already are?!"

"That's enough, Bree," I cut in.

"Ace?! I-I was just....uh," Bree bit her lip.

"That wasn't very nice of you to say," Melionë signed.

"I don't care about whatever you just said," Bree rolled her eyes at Melionë.

"Hey!" I snapped. "You need to stop being rude to everyone."