3. slurred words

You spun around in the floor-length mirror that sat beside the window of your cozy yet small apartment. Garcia, JJ, and Emily set on a fancy dress code and that you would all be heading to a bar that was a couple miles down from your complex. You've been there only once despite how close it is; with your sister and her husband. It was a couple a months ago and the place was actually quite fun so you didn't have a problem with going again. Besides, you didn't have any big cases coming up according to what Hotch had said so it wouldn't matter as much if some of you had an awful hangover the following morning.

You kicked on your heels; four-inch tan pumps from Steve Madden that you were gifted the other year for Christmas. They matched well with the short white dress that you'd chosen to wear. The dress made you feel hot, between the way it brings out the tan on your skin from your most recent beach trip and how well it went with the lipstick you'd bought recently— a light, slightly shimmery pink. Your hair was tossed into very loose curls and doused in dry shampoo to hide any possible greasiness and provide extra volume.

Making your way over to the bathroom, you picked up the coffee-drenched sweater from earlier and smirked at the thought of what happened with Spencer earlier on your trip to the 'bathroom'. Shoveling through the mess you made of various makeup products you found your favorite gloss and touched it up once more, as well as a few extra sprays of perfume. Champagne toast from Bath and Body Works has always worked absolute wonders for you and gotten you so many compliments on your scent.

You shuffled through the mounds of clothing thrown around in your closet and reached for a small handbag. It was one of your favorites and went perfectly with the color of your heels—tan. You always bring it with you whenever you go out.

Making your way back out, careful not to trip through the clothes with heels on, you heard knocking on your door. Perfect timing. JJ texted you earlier and asked if you could drive her, and you accepted of course. You weren't planning on drinking tonight since it's literally your first day on the job and didn't wanna embarrass yourself in front of your new coworkers, so you offered to drive home.

"Hey Y/N!" JJ said excitedly, standing at the door once you opened it in a tight black dress that hugged her perfectly. You smiled, reaching your arms out for a hug. She returned it, pulling away after a few seconds.

"Oh my god, JJ. You look amazing." You said, backing up dramatically and taking in her outfit.

"You too babe!" She replied with an even bigger smile than before. "Em said her Uber just picked her up and I'm assuming Garcia has already left so let's head out."

You nodded in response, biting down on your bottom lip as you followed her out the door, making sure you turned around and locked it carefully. You're always so cautious with your door, making sure it's locked at all times, even if you're expecting someone. Your house had been broken into as a child and they stole a ton of your moms most expensive jewelry while you were out to dinner once, and just reflected onto you ever since.

You both walked out to the car with a side of small talk. JJ opened the passenger door carefully as you walked to the other side of the car, getting in and seating yourselves as comfortable as possible in your tight dresses.

"What kinda music? It's not that far away by the way. Only a couple miles down from here, I've gone once." You asked JJ with a smile.

"Hmm, I don't know. I usually just find a playlist called "car bangers" on Spotify or something and shuffle it." She laughs in response while buckling her seatbelt.