Chapter 2: 20 Million

Gavrosh
1 week, 2 weeks. "Gavrosh, if we can't find her. There's nothing we can do..." Orlando sighed. "There has to be something!" he said he grinned his teeth. "She was real! I felt it, it's not some dream! She was there at the ball." he said clutching his fists. "Can you live without her?" Orlando replied and then continued. "Finding someone you can't live without is..hard." he smiled at him. "I know it's a cliché but it is true." he said. Gavrosh looked at him and gave him a smile. "Don't ever give me advice again." he said jokingly.

"Numerous studies show alternate universes are true." Orlando said. "Numerous studies show they are not true." Gavrosh replied. "You know if you're going to find this girl you have to try to not decline everything I say." Orlando said as he put down the book. "I just.." he stopped before he continued. "Want to find her as soon as possible." Gavrosh looked at the book and picked it up. "Look, it says it has to take 3 months to travel through the portal." he sighed. "And not to mention theres billions of alternate universes." he said as he put his hands to cover his face. "If you're not willing to take that chance you might as well quit now." Orlando said. "You're right."

After countless of sleepless nights, hundreds of hours reading books they finally had the courage to go in the portal.
Gavrosh stepped first, "Let's go." he said. Orlando replied, "I'm not coming with you." he said. "What?" and turned to him with a frown in his face. "This is your love life, not mine."  he said with a sad smile. "If you come back, make sure to tell me everything." Orlando handed him his suitcase as they stand in the portal. "I will, and I'll..miss you." Gavrosh added and took the suitcase from him.

3 months later he arrived at the alternate universe. "This is..beautiful." cities were busy, roads were filled with cars, and there was this girl. She was familiar, she was very..familiar. He carried his suitcase and approached her. "Hey, do we perhaps know each other?" he glanced at her. "Gavrosh, Gavrosh Vinkleheimer..." she said. He smiled at her widely his deep brown eyes and his dark brown hair, "beautiful" she thought to herself. He didn't expect to see her once he gotout of the portal it was..coincidental. But it started to come to him, all the people who are in this universe had curly hair and emerald eyes. He started pacing back and forth, but he knew he had to remain calm. "How many people are in this planet?" he asked the girl infront of him. "20 million." she said. How am I suppose to find the real one when there's about 20 million people..He started to panic, 3 months I have to find her within 3 months, he thought to himself. He gave an akward smile to the lady and walked to a nearby hotel. As he got settled in his bed, he started to replay the last time he saw her, "The ball." he said. "There has to be a clue, there's no way I can find her in just 3 months."
It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful.
He covered his ears to stop the voices, but he recalled the moment, she was wearing a soft green silky dress to the ball with a matching..emerald necklace. "Every person in this whole planet has the same curly hair and emerald eyes, I have to find every person with a matching emerald necklace." he says thought, he quickly went out of bed and grabbed the door knob, but stopped. You're crazy. Why are you doing this? There are millions of people you can date. Why her. You're wasting your time, It's not worth it. His head kept pushing him into not chasing her but, his heart wants to pull him towards her.

He needed time, he thought of it. This girl, you haven't even met, never held her hand, never hugged her, never kissed her, but here you are finding her, finding her when she may not be real, finding her when she may not even know you.
Is being involved with her..worth it? "I..don't know" he sighed, he figured he was stupid for even chasing her in the first place. Questions filled his mind, it ached him why couldn't himself to leave her. What is the point of going back if you're already heart-broken? He wanted her. But did she want him? He never gave thought to it, he never wondered if she felt the same about him. Why? Because he was some superficial selfish person. It ruined him the bittersweet feeling in his tongue, it was hard to love her. As though time has already run its ruinous path and everything good is ober before it begins.