Chapter 8.

Scarlett's POV

After spending eight hours staring at the same ceiling you'd think I'd either be bored or asleep by now. But you'd be wrong. The sun was starting to creep into the room through the gap in the curtain and the crack under the door. I'd been lying in complete darkness almost all night but the day was finally beginning to show. I tried clearing my brain of everything to let me sleep but my mind was racing. I felt paranoid that someone, Damian, was watching me. I know deep down inside he can't actually see what I'm doing but I guess that's paranoia for you. He knows who I call, message, email. He knows where I'm going to be, whom I'm going to be with and what'll I'll be doing there. I've come to a conclusion; Damian is a full-blown stalker. He makes Kendall look like an amateur.

I felt Louis shuffle beside me in his sleep. He'd been out like a light and I was incredibly jealous of him because I haven't slept a wink for the second night in a row. I hate worrying, it wasn't necessarily me, more out of character but when my sister, boyfriend and best friends are involved I can't help but worry. The amount of guilt sat on my shoulders right now didn't help either.

I had never done anything to Damian to upset let alone anger him. To me, all he is now is lonely man with a stone cold heart out to ruin other people's lives. They say life is a roller coaster but this takes the biscuit. I would go straight to the police about this whole scenario, heck Kendall's dad is high up in the police force but the slightest thought about the threat about my sister stops me directly in my tracks. I want this to end, but not in a way I'd have to lose my sister; again. That's a price I'm NOT willing to pay. 

I rolled off my back onto my side to peer at the sleeping body next to me. His chest rose taking the bed sheets with him every time. He was smiling in his sleep, I did often wonder what Louis dreamt about, he always seemed to smile or grin whilst being asleep. My dreams contain vivid flashbacks, I should really call them nightmares nothing about them was dreamy. I tend to push them back, far back into the deep depth of my mind. I'd rather not relive another nightmare. 

"Morning beautiful," my absent minded thoughts were brought to a halt when the sleeping corpse spoke. His voice was husky, tired sounding but like music to my ears. His grin hadn't faltered as he rubbed his eyes awake.

"Morning handsome," I replied smiling weakly back at him, trying to hide my tiredness which was slowly enveloping me.

"Did you manage to sleep?" He questioned as he sat upright in the bed, leaning back on his elbows for support as he stared into my eyes like he was reading my mind.

I gently shook my head, chewing my bottom lip as he let out a soft sigh.

"You need to sleep."

"I know but I can't."

"Can't or won't?

"My brain won't turn off," I huffed, leaning up on my elbows so I was now the same height as him, minus a few centimetres due to his tall frame. 

He slowly edged his body towards me and wrapped his arms tightly around my abdomen pulling me against his body. His chest moved up and down gently with his breathing, which was soothing for me. "You hungry?" He popped out spontaneously.

"Uh, a little I guess. Why?" 

"Wait here!" He commanded before pounding out off bed and stumbling out the bedroom as quick as his long legs would allow. I couldn't help but let a laugh escape my lips when I heard a loud thud from the living room, I assumed he'd fallen over. It was quickly followed by; "I'm okay, I'm okaaaay!" 

I laid back on our king sized bed and gently rested my eyes for what felt like seconds but turned out to be several minutes. My eyes shot open when the bedroom door swung open with a loud crash, most likely loud enough to wake Laura even though she sleeps like a log. I carefully eyed Louis as he walked across the room with his back constantly facing me. I could tell he was carrying something by the position his arms were in and the fact they were shaking. I arched an eyebrow as he slowly swung his body to finally face me bringing a massive grin to my face.