Chapter 13.

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett, say something. Please?" I watched as he pleaded with his words and with his eyes. I glared him down causing him to take several steps back. I crossed my arms over my chest and gritted my teeth before I virtually exploded.

"What! What exactly do you want me to say?!" I snarled feeling the temperature rising in my face making it a very pink colour. I grinded my teeth against each other painfully, but that pain would be temporary, the pain of a broken heart can last forever.

"I don't know. ANYTHING! Don't make me feel like the bad guy here!" He begged as his voice rose in several levels.

"You're breaking up with me, how aren't you the bad guy?" I growled unfolding my arms in the process. My fists clenched down by my sides ready to burst.

"I just...I don't know what to do. This isn't easy for me, I don't want to do this."

"Then why are you?" I asked, lowering my voice into a more calm tone for the time being.

"I don't have another choice!"

"I get it, me or your career but-"

"That's it, how can you expect me to let all our fans down, the boys down, they're my best friends. I love them."

"And what about me? What about letting me down? And I thought you loved me..."

"Scarlett, I DO!" He shouted, gripping my shoulders with his hands but I quickly shuffled out of his grasp and walk towards the other side of the room. I gazed out the window, shaking my head at this ridiculous situation.

"What happened to we'll get through this, he won't break us crap? Were they just lies to get me by until something like this happened hm?" I shot back in a very pissed voice.

"Please just try and see it from my point of view, this isn't easy for me!"

"Well it's not easy for me either!" I argued. "I always thought you were brave, full of courage, up for a fight but you fell at the first hurdle."

"That's not fair."

"It's perfectly fair." I spat back.

Silence filled the air for the next couple of minutes. We both remained on opposites sides of the room, waiting for the other to make the first move. It wasn't going to be me, I can be stubborn and stubborn I shall be. Right now I didn't care if I was sent down for murder in jail, I wanted Damian's head on a spike and marched through the town centre. Angry barely covered how I was feeling. It was only a matter of time before he wormed his way under the skin of one of us and of course it was Louis. Making him choose between his career or me, that was lower than low.

I wanted to blame Louis for this whole scenario happening right now but I couldn't, he didn't get us into this mess, I just wish he wouldn't give up so easily. Every problem has a solution.

"We can still be friends right?" Louis spoke killing the deadly silence around us.

"I don't know, can we?"

"What?"

"Will Damian allow it?"

"When did you turn into such a..." He trailed off, looking away into the distance, over my shoulder and beyond. I rolled my tired eyes at him and sucked up every ounce of annoyance within me.

"A bitch?" I finished for him, raising my eyebrows when his gaze finally met mine. "Oh I don't know, maybe I've always been like this or maybe because you're about to walk out of my life and you won't even put up a fucking fight Louis!"