Chapter Six: Behind the Mask.

The young beautiful woman turned around to see the blonde demon glaring at her. Pines's hand froze as he was holding the keys in his hand.

[F/N] panicked. The glint in Bill's eyes told her he'll go violent on her when he catches her so, on instinct, she grabbed her heels and threw them at Bill while taking both the suitcase full of money and the keys to the new apartment, then dashed out of the place.

"Excuse me, taxi!"

She got in the nearest taxi and told the driver to accelerate now.

"Excuse me, madam, but why must I drive so fast? Is a new prada collection out?"

"It will be. Out of my skin if you slow down."

She told the driver to stop on the Redrum Street and she stepped out of the cab to pay the driver a bit more than he asked.

As she walked through the grayscale area, she arrived at her adoptive parents' graves. In front of her was the same gray tombstone that has always been there.

"Thank you, for welcoming me with open arms in your family." She said as she said down on the grass. "I don't know where would've I been without you, and I hope I'm taking good care of your son, Joshua. I really love him as a little brother, he's a good child and doesn't create trouble even if I understand it's hard for him what happened since your death. I really wish it was me driving that car, not you two. You didn't deserve this after all the help and all the kindness you've offered to me." She wiped off some tears that threatened to spill and continued talking. "I'm sorry I didn't continue my piano classes, I didn't have the time to do it. And I'm sorry for all the times I did something bad and made you upset, I didn't mean it. Now, I'm having a lot of trouble, and all I need is someone to understand me, love me and help me like you did.. But here is no one. God picked almost all the most beautiful and flawless flowers in this garden, I'm glad he didn't take Joshua away from me, though. Even if I know he'll be better up there with his parents, playing in heaven, I have this selfish request of him staying here, with me." She sniffed. "I'm sorry I didn't bring a bouquet of flowers or something.. I didn't know myself I was coming here.. But it's been a while and I needed to talk to you again, even if you might not hear me. If you don't watch over me, at least watch over Joshua. He needs it more than I do. " Once again, she wipes off her tears and gets up. ".. See you next time, maybe I'll have my grave next to yours."

She quickly left the cemetery and headed to the closest grocery store, checking her make-up on the path til there. She went in and bought all the ingredients to make a [sour/normal] soup, and some lasagna she knew Joshua loved.

As she arrived home and unlocked the door, she was greeted with Joshua's peaceful face as he fell asleep on the couch, watching his favourite movie for the nth time. [F/N] couldn't deny that the sight brought both warmth and guilt inside her heart.

I wish I was there more for you, Joshua.

"Joshy... Wake up, sweetie.. [F/N] is home.."

The said boy started stirring in his sleep and opened his eyes a bit.

"Sis!" he exclaimed once he saw his sister through his blurry vision. "You're home!"

"I am, is my superhero hungry?"

"Yes!"

"Well then, sis [F/N] has brought some ingredients to make... Lasagna!"

"Lasagna?! Aye, sis! Thank you!" he jumped up and down and kissed his sister's cheek.

"Anything for my superhero."

"I love you, sis." he hugged her

"I love you too, my superhero. Now, get changed in more comfortable clothes while sis starts cooking, okay?"

"Yes!" he ran to his room.

I love you a lot, Joshua. Keep that in mind.

[F/N] changed in her casual clothes as she put her apron on. It was a baby [colour] one with petite [favourite animal] drawings all over it, Joshua made it for her. She started humming a nice song while she prepared all the ingredients.

"I've never seen this side of you. The side of you that was behind that mask you always wear nowdays."

----------
[A/N]: I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER I DISAPPOINTED SO MANY PEOPLE BY UPDATING LATE AND I MUST SAY I'M DEEPLY SORRY. I promise I'll try to update this at least once a week, even if my time table is kinda full, and I have a lot of exams, but I'll be fine! I hope you liked this chapter, I tried to concentrate more on the Reader's true side and contour her personality more. I'm sorry if you found this boring because Bill wasn't in it too much. I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes.