Chapter 2

Walking around looking for employment was a rather odd experience, it seemed that most civilians weren't very literate, It was easy to walk up to an administrative job and get an offer with rather good pay. In her past life she was a Doctor, due to this world's reliance on chakra civilian doctors were few and far inbetween as normal medical practice wasn't very developed. She planned to ultimately get an apprenticeship with one of the Doctors, she could control chakra well enough to heal she just had to learn how.

"I'm back" Her aunt was reclined on a sofa in the living room, she looked elegant and calm in a long skirt that gently fluttered in the breeze coming from the open windows. Her brown hair was tied back in a stylized bun and her eyes smiled at me. "Welcome back, how was the search?"

"It went well, I start on Monday, data administration at the academy" Walking towards the kitchen she put away the groceries she was asked to buy. "That's rather lucrative, your parents must have taught you to read and write."

At the mention of her parents she froze for a split second before returning to her task, she didn't feel strong enough to talk about them without tearing up yet and she'd rather not make a fool of herself.

"Since you'll be working there, how about taking Ino her lunch, she forgot it this morning amongst the excitement". Ino had just graduated from the academy and today was the first day of school as a Genin, she was going to join a team of three who will most likely include the dog kid? and the pineapple hair kid. She'd be lying if she said she remembered their names or if those were actually her teammates or a random kid she had been imagining.

The academy was quiet as class was in session, making her way through the halls she could see kids of all ages focusing on their various teachers, it made her consider teaching but she wasn't sure she'd know exactly what to teach.

Knocking on the door she stepped looking at a teacher reprimanding the kids, "sorry to interrupt but I have a lunch box for Ino" The teacher was young too, with brown spiky hair and a noticeable smile. "Thank you, I'll give it to her" he was cute, and she smiled politely before glancing at the beaming Ino and leaving. From what she could remember, Ino was terrible at socializing with women due to her obsession with the black-haired kids, but Ino seemed well-adjusted without any problematic personality traits, so she couldn't understand the fierce obsession with him.

On walking through the corridors the sounds of excited children made her feel strange and uncomfortable, she couldn't pinpoint why, she decided to take some time to herself at a nearby park. She wasn't expecting to see the silver-haired stud that was really popular sitting on one of the benches reading a book.

She always wondered what the appeal of such a pervert was, she felt like in the real world he'd be a creep who read porn while supervising kids, it made her realise this many men in this world gave her the ick.

She had no reason to talk to him so she kept walking like she didn't know who he was, she may never actually get to talk to him since their worlds don't cross.

The next person she did meet she shops heartily decided to befriend. Beautiful black hair and red eyes, she was a gorgeous woman who she knew was a ninja, she couldn't remember her name but she felt that befriending her was a good way to broaden her social circle.

"Hey, sorry to bother you" the woman stopped in her tracks, Hana assumed she was going to pick up her team from the academy. "Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the Yamanaka flower shop? My name is Hana by the way, I just moved here a few days ago."

•°•

Her name was Kurenai Yuhi, a gorgeous name, feeling excitement bubble within her she headed home, the next time they met she'd invite her on a night out. The village she had grown up next to was rather small, for a long time she was the only child in the area but recently there had been more children moving to the village, it made her the big sister of the village, that was until she left.

By the time she got back from her walk around the village, the sun was beginning to set but Ino wasn't back yet so she didn't have to entertain her.

Heading up to her room and sitting on her bed she was engulfed in silence, she couldn't help but let her mind wander to her parents, she felt lonely here, they were mostly strangers. She wasn't the same age as the kids so it's not like she could join them on their near-death experiences. She felt slightly bitter that she couldn't.

Reaching under her bed she pulled out some pen and paper and started working on her letter of introduction. If she was going to become a doctor it made sense to get to it and keep preoccupied.

Her eyes glanced at the box of her parent's things that were given to her, she was too afraid to look at the things inside, she was afraid she'd start uncontrollably sobbing.

•°•

"You wrote a letter of introduction?"
The person she had given the letter to at the hospital looked at her, if she could read and write well wouldn't that increase her chances of being an apprentice? "Ok thank you, fill in this brief information form and we'll get back to you shortly"

Hana nodded and did what she was told, the next batch of apprentices would be taken next month. Leaving the form filled she left for her new job, it was still dark out but she needed to get to the academy before the students.

"You're Ino's older cousin?" The brown-haired teacher with the signature scar stood in front of her, Iruka? He had a silly smile on his face and his eyes looked like they were closed despite the fact he was looking right at her.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Hana Yamanaka, I just started working at the front desk today."

He seemed flustered at the way she stared straight at him with a calm smile.

"Ino mentioned you'd be working here, I heard you just moved to konoha, how are you finding it?" Maintaining small talk with an anime character was something she was yet to get used to, but then wasn't she also an anime character now? A background character at that.

"Would you like to go out for lunch then?"

Ah he was asking her on a date, she felt a bit odd about this situation considering he wasn't real, but neither was she. Iruka was only 22 which she found rather young considering her mental age, but realistically he was in her age range.

"Yeah I could do that, I've been wanting to try that ramen stall that's pretty famous."