Part One

It was especially cold for spring, but you didn't have time to complain, because you were too excited to get on the field.

You softly hummed a song from your favorite muggle band as you finished putting on your Quidditch boots, your broom resting beside you on the bench.

"Feeling anxious, Y/N?" The voice of your teammate, and Gryffindor team chaser, Pietro echoed in the locker room as he approached you, already fully dressed in his game uniform. You raised your head to smile at him.

"I only get anxious about winning, Pietro." You retorted confidently, making him laugh softly. You stood up as you grabbed your broom, and the team captain, Thor Odinson, waved for everyone to hurry to try out.

In the entrance area of the field, Pietro stood off to the side, and you were fixing your gloves when he gently bumped his shoulder into yours.

"Care to place a bet?" He asked, causing you to raise your eyebrow.

"What kind of bet?"

"Come on, we're playing against Slytherin." He says as if the reason for his proposal is obvious. "I bet I score more points than you do."

You laugh, rolling your eyes. "You wish."

Pietro grimaces in false offense, then holds out his hand.

"First one to get five hits wins." He proposes, and you smile before shaking your hand.

"What's the prize?" You ask, already watching the Okoye coach walk onto the grass to announce the game. Pietro stands thoughtfully for a moment.

"If I win, you call Romanoff to the dance." He declares and you almost drop the broom on the ground, looking at Pietro with wide eyes. He just laughs, but just as you are about to complain about it, the whistle for the team to enter the field sounds, and Thor is pushing you to walk.

During the game, you need to push your thoughts about your longtime crush on your friend, Natasha Romanoff, but it's not that easy, especially since she's in the bleachers, and despite being from the Slytherin house, she's also carrying a Gryffindor flag, cheering you on.

Your history with Nat was a bit complicated.

You weren't exactly friends in your first two years at Hogwarts, because she came from a pureblood family that hated muggleborns, and Nat just repeated the offenses she learned at home to you for a while.

But then you became partners in potions in third year, and over the course of the months, being forced to work together, you discovered that Natasha was actually quite an amazing girl to say the least. The friendship between you blossomed, and as Nat learned to reject the prejudiced teachings of her parents, you fell in love with her.

It was a secret you had been carrying around for a long time, but contrary to what you thought, it was not really a secret at all.

Pietro had been your friend since the third grade, when you joined the Quidditch team together and clicked immediately. And it took him only two weeks to realize that you had a crush on Nat, but he never said anything beyond gentle teasing.

It was an ironic coincidence that Pietro's twin sister Wanda was Nat's best friend as well. Which made you all hang out together like, what Defense Against the Dark Art professor Stephen Strange called "a group of misfits." affectionately.

You were too caught up in your thoughts, and Pietro took advantage of the bet, smiling smugly at you as he scored the second goal.

You took a deep breath, deciding to focus on the game. No way you would let him win.

The problem was that playing with Slytherin was always difficult. The competition felt more meaningful, and by the third time you had to dodge a bludger, you barely remembered the bet, really focusing on not falling off your broom while trying to score.