Chapter 1 - Journey in the apocalypes

(Warning!

The following book has mentions of gory stuff, bl00d and other horrific stuff (considering this is a zombie apocalypse book).

If you have hemophobia or sensitive to this topic, please scroll to the end of the flashback to skip this part. If you choose not to, then proceed with caution.

I thank you for reading this warning and let's proceed to the story. :))

Third person pov:

Dawn breaks as the sun creeped through the semi broken wooden boards of an abandoned warehouse.

It was year six of the apocalypse. Most of the streets are like a ghost town and the sounds of broken electrical wires and dirty water dripping are even heard.

The world was in its last stand as dangerous Hydrels roam the streets.

"Click.. clack.. grrr", The group of hydrel outside the building groaned. It was a scary sound...

A boy with brown hair that had some wings styled in them, turned his face away to prevent his grayish-blue eyes from being blinded as the sun's glares lit up the dim room.

Despite his fatigue from last night, he forced his body to get up and start the day, being causious doing so for as danger lurks around the corner.

He was just seven years-old when the apocalypse began, it was a scare to people as they either get eaten or infected by hydrels...

Tenma lowered his head and sighed as he looked around the surroundings. He was alone and didn't have much on him but has an ambition in mind and a will to live...

Tenma's pov:

As I looked around the area, I got out my knife just in case I have to protect myself from a Hydrel, it's been quite a few years since things fell apart. Hydrels had taken over Japan and maybe even other parts of the world, but all I know is that Japan has hit one of their deepest point with only a slight chance of restoration . 

"Time to begin my journey...", I said to myself.

I remember what had happened before, when the virus began... I was a mere kid at time and had my first taste of the apocalypse not that long afterwards. Many had fallen during those first few days of the outbreak and many people lost it all. But I had no time thinking about the past. all have to do now was think of the future...

As I got up from the corner I was sleeping in, I then took noticed that my bag which I felt was significantly lighter. I then opened my bag to check and turns out my food supplies are almost gone, my water bottle was also nearly empty when I checked it.

"Huh, guess I need to get more supplies...", I quietly said.

I then made my way to sneak out of the building, trying to avoid confrontation with humans and hydrels alike. To me, it's better to just avoid any sort of confrontantions, the results often cause hydrels to come to you and no one wins the brawl either way.