Chapter 4: Adapting & Unexpected visitor

Tenma's pov

As I went to my room, I though deeply about things like; how the leadership system in the resistance works, how do they divide the people into their units, all that and etc. This confuses me a bit as I didn't know that this type of system is still used in today's situation, the government has fallen and leaderships on groups are gone, also known as "every man for themselves".

I then flopped myself on the bed provided as I turns my head to the right side as I stares at the paint cracks on the wall. Since I might be living here now, I decided to take the opportunity look around for my stuff.

I then decide to go down the stairs carefully and decided to search the place I left it. I found the bag but my supplies we're gone. The bag was empty!

"Don't tell me they mistook my stuff as supplies from my minimart raid?", Tenma said in his mind as he grumbles a bit in annoyance.

I then went to search around to ask them for him for where his stuff is now, which I then passed by a girl with blue hair, and she was eating a lollipop. The girl resembled Kaoki, the gunslinger that I briefly saw earlier at the lookout point(balcony).

"Hey, miss, have you seen my stuff?", I asked her.

"Hmm?", She turned her head at me which she then took out her lollipop from her mouth as she stared at me.

"No, sorry dude, all stuff we ended up getting whether from newbies or not gets put in the supply room", The girl replied then explained. She was carrying what was a mallet from a carnival game. That must be her weapon of choice.

"I see, I was just wondering where it has been-", I said but was cut off by a high-pitched voice which the girl with the lollipop recognized.

"Kana chan!", A girl with blonde hair and golden eyes rushed at her which 'Kana-chan' put her mallet down.

"Nakaji senpai", She said but it was muffled due to the lollipop in her mouth.

"Come with me, I got to show you something!", She exclaimed and turned her head towards Tenma.

I felt awkward as she stared at me, was I some sort of celebrity here?

"Oh, you must be the newbie, hey there, Nakaji Yuzumi, the resistance's junior high scientist", She introduced herself and extended a hand for me to shake.

"Oh, Matsukaze Tenma, I don't have a unit assign to me yet", I said but didn't shook her hand.

She then chuckled as she straightens herself up. I sweatdropped as she did so, it was either she's a lil bonkers or just like that.

"I know, all of the newbies aren't sorted yet, but want to go see something I made?!", She excitedly asked.

"Uh... I don't-", I tried to say but was cut off by her grabbing hand, as she wasn't taking no for an answer.

'Kana-chan' chuckled a bit as she told me that I'll get used to her soon, which I decide to not question her as I was being dragged by the hand by Nakaji senpai. They then arrived at the science lab which was close to the infirmary.

There, Nakaji was working with a bunch of other kids who had an adequate knowledge on science/chemistry. She then showed him around whilst being careful as they watched where they stepped. The lab was still a bit messy as some had made quite a mess around the place. She then showed her work spot which she was working on a dead plant.

"I'm trying to find a way to grow plants by reviving them", She explained.

"I see", I said as I looked at the dead plant.