Chapter 2

Alice's POV
"Lots of people have attempted to pick him" was Mr Finns response before he trailed off "But...let's just say it doesn't end well for the human."

Everyone was asking more about it, they were curious to why that was. And I didn't blame them so was I.

He hushed us before replying with disgust "Because he killed them the next time they were in charge of him."

The room then went quiet. Dead quiet.

"He killed a girl who flirted with him, she only wanted him to protect her and to be well known."

I grimaced at that. Who the hell would want to be with a vampire? Just the thought made me feel sick. I don't care if it's law I still have my own opinions and thoughts on it.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the sudden blaring of the alarm meaning the lesson had indeed ended.

I let out a sigh "I'm glad that's over. Some humans and how they go about vampires make me cringe."

Issy just looks at me while gathering her things laughing amused  "You would be surprised by how many humans get intimate with their vampire, some even get married."

I shrugged my shoulders gathering my belongs as well with replying "Yeah, but I think it's weird."

"Not all end up like that. There has been times the vampire just becomes the humans protector or friend." She explained.

I nodded. As we were making our way towards the door Mr Finn called to me "Miss Black!"

Yes my last name is Black. My full name is Alice Rose Black.

I turned my head before leaving to look over my shoulder so I could take a look at my teacher and see what he wanted. Issy also haltered waiting for me.

"Miss Black I would like a word with you in private. Can your friend not wait for you in the parking lot?"

I then started to fidget with my hair. A thing I do when I'm nervous. Why does he want me in private? Was I in trouble? My thoughts were eating at me.

Issy smiled before asking to double check I was ok with it "I'll wait in the car for you?"

I nodded before I stopped fidgeting with my hands and reached in my bag to pull out my set of keys. They had my car keys on and door keys with also a picture of me and my brother smiling,

Sadly, my brother was killed when he was at the vampire prison. I still don't know who did it and why they did it. They said they were unable to tell me due to data protection. Data protection my ass.

I still can't get over his death. I've never met a vampire yet. That will all change in a matter of hours, but I had and still have sometimes nightmares about his death. I imagine a tall vampire tearing his body limb by limb and I'm just sat there crying, screaming and begging for them to stop. But they didn't obviously.

I exhaled a deep breath remembering where I was and what I was focusing on.

Right the keys! I thought to my self.

I handed her them and she gave me a grateful smile before heading out leaving me alone with the teacher.

He gave me a soft smile as he noticed me heading over to his desk where he was sat.

"Take a seat Alice." He said in a gentle voice. Something told me I wasn't going to be exactly happy about whatever he was going to be talking to me about.

After grabbing a seat and placing it at the opposite side of the desk I took a deep breath before asking "Did I do something wrong? Am I in any trouble?" He shook his head with a chuckle.