Chaper 5

Alice's POV
As soon as I yelled his eyes landed on me, he appeared less murderous and more soft, which was weird considering they were keep switching colors that was beginning to freak ,e out. I've never seen a vampire do this before!

His eyes were completely gold now. This caught the eyes of the guard as he warned the king "DON'T TRY ANYTHING BEAST!"

The red blood eyes glared dangerously towards the guard and letting out a ferocious growl. The cell chains broke.

THEY BROKE!

My eyes went wide and I let out a gasp.

The guard stumbled back raising his voice "JAX GIVE AZRON CONTROL!"

"What the...Who's Jax and Azron?" I asked the guard as quietly and brave as I could muster.

"Look miss, you need to leave he's dangerous when his beast is in control." The guard told me.

"FUCK OFF WITH YOUR BULLSHIT TO MY MATE!!" Jax bellowed while snarling at the guard and in a flash had his huge tattooed hand wrapped around the guards throat. I couldn't help but see the skull he had on his hand that seemed to be staring at me.

I watched as the guard thrashed around like a fish until the door bursted open with 5 male guards holding silver knives aiming at the king!

"Please stop!" I sobbed as the king didn't pay much notice to the guards and the officer who was blue in the face.

The kings head snapped towards me and in a blink of an eye he had let the guard flop to the ground with a thud while he was towering in front of me, I know I was small but I felt tiny comparison to this guy! My eyes were level with his stomach.

My eyes were wide my small form shaking at the scene I just witnessed before. The king noticed I was crying and in distressed and stopped immediately his entire aura changed from dangerous to soft and loving.

"No need to cry sweetheart, I'm here now." I just felt somewhat relieved as I noticed his eyes had turned back to those dark black.

"No need to cry!" I screamed at him. "You just or nearly killed a guard in front of me you psycho!!" I was freaking out my brain was telling me to run from him and to never come back to this dark cruel looking cell.

He seemed hurt by my words. As he grumbled out "He annoyed my beast."

"Your beast?" I gave him a confused look.

"Vampires have beast? I never knew that." I was mainly muttering to myself.

"No, they don't but I'm not an ordinary vampire." Was the best he came out with before the guards started coming closer with the silver knives.

This caused him to push me behind him and growl. "You will not take my mate from me!!" It sounded like he was commanding them or trying to anyway.

I decided to speak up "Since he seemed calm why not just put the knives away and chain him back up?"

The king snapped his head at me and turned around "I need you darling." He rasped out with his head in my neck causing me to freeze. "I've waited so long just to be in your presence my beloved queen."

Ok but seriously, what's this guy on? Beloved queen? I'm so freaking confused and it's only my first day.

"You must do it." One of the guards stated before majority of the guards left and had took the one who had been choked to get medical attention.

"Me? W-what??" I stuttered out while trying to get the kings head out of my neck and eventually he did but he kept touching my arm and trying to pull me close. I swear he was even sniffing me eww.

"Chain him." They said like it wasn't a big deal before elaborating "if you don't chain him he will fight against us and harm more guards and we will likely need to chain him."

When I looked at the king for his reaction he didn't seem bothered by it. His eyes just stared at me softly as if to say I could do whatever I want with him.  "Do it darling." He said softly as if he knew that there was no other option.

Oh geez.