Chapter 8

As soon as the guards left I turned my attention to the beast filling the cell wondering how he even fits in here, he makes the room feel small. He doesn't speak to me though, he just stares as if I have all the answers.

"Well, it's getting quite late, how about we get some food then sleep?" I ask him feeling exhausted from all the news and everything that has unfolded today. He looks at me smiling.

"I'd love that and I wish I could cook for you." He says before glaring at the chains stopping him from moving even though we know if he wanted to he could probably break free....again. "Look, you have nothing to worry about, okay? I'm going to make us something quick." I rush out before begin to head towards the kitchen in his cell still feeling his gaze stuck on me.

I find a bag of Mac & cheese and pour it in the pan knowing this is the simplest thing to make yet will be delicious. I keep stirring every 5 minutes before putting it out on two plates for us to eat. However when I get to his side he seems happy and grateful yet I see a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"What is it?" I ask feeling curious but he just shakes his head still looking amused but he barely eats his food. "You're not much of a talker, are you?" I ask he puts his folk down showing he's finished even though he's only had a few mouth fulls.

"I will talk if you wish for me too darling. But no I don't talk much ever." He gruffs out

"Ohh, well I only want you to talk if you feel comfortable to, or if you want too." I tell him softly feeling my cheeks heat up.

I decide to ask why he has hardly touched his food. Was my cooking that bad or something? "Why didn't you eat your food? You only had a few mouthfuls if that." I question him causing him to cock his head, his eyes shining with amusement just like before.

"Vampire darling, remember? I don't need to eat food." He explains the obvious which I clearly forgot making me feel slightly embarrassed, I mean we are in a vampire prison I mentally face palm. "I forgot, sorry where do you keep the blood and which type is your favourite?"

He tensed and his eyes seemed to blaze with unmistakable fury in them, shocking me because all I did was ask a simple question. 'You look quite tense, did you not like the question I asked you?" I prompted wanting to know why it made him react this way.

"They mainly only allow me to have freezer O negative." He grumbles before continuing "But my favorite type is A positive." He says while staring at me now and no longer looking tense but relaxed before he threw be off guard by asking "Please may I touch you?" It left me slightly speechless as I wasn't expecting anything like that from him.

So I decided to jump up and tell him "I'm going to get you some blood first, is that alright?" I check with him first and he nods but I also see a hint of something I can't figure out in his gaze. I ignore it and walk out the cell and towards the first guard I see not recognizing him, "Excuse me but where can I get some blood?" I ask politely.

He gestured with his hands the way to the blood freezer where they store the blood and I offer him a small smile before heading there, as soon as I opened the door it stunk. The freezer was huge with loads of types of different bloods I even noticed in the corner they stored a black looking type of blood.
Eww, that's a definite nope, I scan all the labels until I come across A positive his preference. Feeling pleased that I got what I came for I decided to get 3 bags just in case because I know vampires drink a lot of blood and who knows, he might be different with him being the king.

As soon as I see the cell in my view I pick up my pace determined to get there faster, before I even enter the cell i take a peak and see what he's doing only to see him staring at the door longingly as if he's been waiting for me to get back the entire time. I quickly as fast as I can manage move out of view so I know he didn't see me spying before opening the door and walking straight in then closing the door behind me.

"What took you so long? I thought something had happened?" He questioned while I looked at him weirdly "I was 10 minutes tops." I tell him while getting the blood I got for him out while I can hear him muttering under his breath "10 minutes too long."

"There we are, A positive!" I tell him happily since I got him the blood type he prefers, I give him one blood bag with a straw. While watching carefully and notice how he looks at me as he gulps the blood down not before he grumbles a thanks my way.

That's kinda hot I think to myself before cussing at myself for thinking such things, for a vampire he's eating strangely although he's worried that he'll scare me. I've saw vampires eat before they waste no time and gobble the whole sack within seconds however he seems to be going slow as if he has manners while keeping his eyes trained on me to see if I react which I don't.

He then finishes with the bag licking blood from his fangs before smirking at me "May
I have another my darling?"