Chapter 1

*image of Ari above, just pretend her eyes are green*

~Mufasa's POV~

The animals roared in excitement as Rafiki held Ari in the air. I smiled as all of the animals cheered. There was something different about Ari. I had a feeling that she is going to change everything...

~timeskip 2 months (Ari's POV)~

"Dad! Dadddddd!! Come on dad!! It's time to wake up! Dad!!" I huffed as my father wouldn't wake up. "Fine then have it your way. I'll explore the pridelands myself!", I said as I went to take off, but Zazu grabbed my tail with his beak stopping me. "Zazu! Let me go!" I hissed as I tried to get him off my tail. "And where do you think you're going?", his annoying little voice said as I rolled my eyes. "Well since my father won't wake up I decided to explore the pridelands on my own." He laughed and let go of my tail and walked in front of me. "You're not going anywhere alone.", he said as I sighed. "Fine then let's go.", I said as I took off and he followed me. "Come on, Zazu! You're slow!" I laughed as I picked up the pace. "Maybe we should take a small break. The watering hole is just up ahead.", Zazu said as I rolled my eyes. "Fineeee." When we reached the watering hole it was so peaceful at first. Then the animals all started panicking and running away. I couldn't tell what was going on. "Zazu!", I yelled as a couple hyenas surrounded me. I couldn't see Zazu anywhere and all the other animals were gone. "Look what we have here, boys. A little lion cub.", one of them chuckled. I growled as they laughed. One of them charged at me, but I clawed his eye and then took off. "After that cub!", the 'leader' of the three hyenas yelled. The other two started chasing after me. They chased me into the outlands and cornered me. A few seconds later their leader showed up. I backed into a wall and closed my eyes.. This was it. I was for sure a goner. They had me, but then I could feel a larger figure jump over me. I opened my eyes. It was a much older lioness. She had to be around my mom's age. She was skinnier and a little smaller. She had scars all over her. She was dark brown, almost black. She fought off the hyenas and looked back at me. Her beautiful yellow eyes met my frightened green ones. "It's ok now.", she said as she turned around and looked at me. Her voice was a little raspy but also soft. "Who are you...?" She laughed at me and smiled. "My name is Sarai." "Mine's Ari!" "Well then, nice to meet you, Ari.", she said as I nodded. "Thanks for saving me by the way." "Come.", she said as she started walking and I followed her. "Where are we going?", I asked as she sighed. "We are going to your new home. My pride." "What?! But I have to go back to the pridelands! To my home. My parents are probably worried sick about me right now!", I said as she shook her head. "It isn't safe for you there anymore. Trust me.", she said as I looked at the ground. We walked in silence for a while. "You'll have to learn how to defend yourself out here now. Watch who you trust too. Never ever talk to any pridelanders. They are mean and care only for themselves and their pride. You may be the daughter of their great king, but you're here now. They'll never accept you back into their pride. You're an outsider now. You belong to no one. You get to chose your own path instead of being forced to become some queen.", she said as I nodded. "Do you think your pride will accept me?" "Of course. You just have to show your usefulness and never disobey our pride leader, she can be quite ruthless.", she said as I tucked my tail in between my legs. After about five more minutes of walking we reached a cave with a small watering hole in front of it. There were lioness laying all around, but no male lions. "Mirani wants to see you, Sarai. And your little cub...", one of the lioness said as she smirked at me. I hid under Sarai as we walked into the huge cave. When we walked inside there were a few lioness sleeping and then on standing on a rather large rock. "Mirani...", Sarai said as she bowed. "Where have you been?!", the larger female lioness hissed as she jumped down from the rock. "I was saving this little cub." "Saving a cub? Why? We do not need anymore cubs. It is hard enough to supply enough food for all us as it is and now you want to add another mouth to feed?! You better have a reasonable explanation for this!", Mirani said as she walked over to me. She was tan, a little bigger than the others still skinny though, with one blind eye and the other one a grayish color. "I do. This is Ari, Mufasa and Sarabi's daughter.", Sarai said as Mirani suddenly smirked and examined me. "Oh? Now isn't that interesting...", Mirani said as she continued to examine me. "We will talk about this tomorrow. Take the cub and go get some rest. You both will need it.", Mirani said as Sarai nodded and picked me up. She brought me outside and then into a smaller cave. "This is my home and now yours too. We will rest up and talk more about everything tomorrow, just like Mirani said." I smiled as Sarai laid down and I laid beside her. I was exhausted after today. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep...