Chapter 2

When I woke up I was alone. I could hear all the lioness talking outside of the small cave I was in. I got up and slowly walked outside. Everyone turned and looked at me. The ones that had cubs pulled them closer. I sighed as continued to walk. "Come here little one.", Mirani said as I nodded. I walked up to her and she smiled at me. "This cub will be joining our pride. She brings great promises to us all. She will began her training with the other cubs starting today. "She's a pridelander!" "She can't be trusted!" "We should kill her now!" All the lioness yelled out means things. None of them wanted me to stay. They continued to yell all kinds of things. "That's enough! Sarai brought her in and believes that the cub was worth saving from hyenas therefore she stays. And that is final! You all are dismissed.", Mirani said as she went back into her cave. The other lioness all went different ways. "They don't like me very much, do they...?", I said as I looked up at Sarai. She smiled at me, "they just need time. They are just scared is all. You're from the pridelands not to mention the king's daughter. They'll learn to love you. Now come with me I'll show you where you can start your training." She brought me to where all the other cubs were. There was one adult lioness. She was brown and had a scar on her right eye and a large scar in her side. "Naomi.", Sarai said as the younger lioness ran over to her. "Sis!" "You must be Ari. It's nice to meet you. I'm Naomi, Sarai's younger sister.", she said with a smile. "Nice to meet you too." "Watch over her, Naomi." "Of course sis!", Naomi said as Sarai took off. "Come with me. It's break time for the cubs, so it would be a good time to make some new friends.", she said as I nodded and joined the cubs. I decided to keep to myself and found a nice corner to lay in. After a couple minutes a cub walked over to me. "Hey guys look who it is. It's the little pridelander.", he said as a couple cubs turned and looked at us. "Knock it off, Nuka.", one of the cubs said. "Oh come on... she's not going to do anything. She's a pridelander. She doesn't even know how to defend herself.", he said as he poked me. "Yes I do!" "Then prove it!", he said as he pounced on me and pinned me to the ground. I struggled to break free, but I couldn't. He was too strong. Then he raised his paw and scratched my cheek. I could feel the blood trickling down my cheek. "Ok thats enough, Nuka!", the young female lioness from before said as she tackled him off of me. "You always go too far.", the cub said as all the other cubs started laughing at me. I could feel tears form in my eyes as I took off. I found a spot by the river and sat down. I looked at my reflection in the water. "Hello little cub.", a random lioness said as she walked over to me. "Uh hi...", I said as I backed away from her. "You know... I don't know what Sarai and Mirani see in you because you're nothing. You're so weak. You're just a burden. I won't let you bring our pride down!", she said as she raised her paw and went to attack me, but Sarai jumped in front, getting her eye clawed. "Leave her alone, Zira!", Sarai growled. "She's going to get us all killed!" "She's just a cub! Now leave her alone. Unless you would like to challenge me. You know you have no chance against me.", Sarai said as Zira sighed. "This isn't over cub.", Zira growled as she took off. "Sarai! Are you ok?!", I said as I looked at her. "Yeah... what about you?", she said as she grabbed my head and made me look at her. "Yeah it's just a little scratch. I'll be fine.", I said as Sarai nodded. "I'm really sorry... I thought that they were going to accept you... I had no clue they would go this far.", Sarai said as I laughed. "Don't worry about it. You didn't know. Plus you saved me from those mean hyenas. I'll be fine.", I said as she nodded. "You should head back and train.", Sarai said as I took off. When I got back we began training. We trained all day. When night finally fell Naomi let us go and I headed straight to Sarai's cave. Sarai was already asleep. I laid down beside her. After about an hour of laying there I decided to take a walk since I couldn't sleep. I decided to sit by the water. "Hey... I'm really sorry about Nuka today. He's a huge jerk.", a familiar voice said. It was the lioness cub that saved me from Nuka. "It's fine." "You know... I think it's pretty cool that you are from the pridelands. I mean you're a princess!", she said as I smiled. "Yeah the pridelands is a lot different from this place.", I sighed. "By the way my name is Imani." "Mine's Ari, which you already know.", I said as she nodded. "Friends?", she asked as I smiled and nodded. "Friends.", I said as she smiled back. "Come on Imani" "I uh have to go.", Imani said as she took off. I looked into the water. "I miss you guys so much... mom.... dad... I'm going to make you both proud..."