CH.2 - The Boy

YOUR POV

"I like that name." I say in my head.

"Thank you." He says in my mind.

"So, how can we talk inside our minds?" I ask.

"I don't know. Tommy, another boy here in the glade with me, can do it with the only girl here. Maybe the creators made a mistake. Or maybe we we're set up to figure out we could do this and we are supposed to help each other find our way out of the maze."

"Maybe..." I say. "We should talk in the morning when we have clearer minds."

"Okay. Good night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and walk over to the kitchen to get some food. I grab a granola bar and head for the woods. I sit up in a tree and try to talk to the boy.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hello." He says. "I didn't want to wake you up so I decided to wait until you reached out to me." He is so sweet. I feel myself blush.

"That's nice of you." I say quietly. "So what do you want to do about this mind thing?"

"Honestly, I think we should do nothing." He says. "If the creators want us to do something I think we should do nothing. I'm really sick of them telling us what to do and controlling us. I'm done."

"Okay." I say. "Sounds good. So we're not telling anyone?"

"Yeah. But I still want to talk to you." He says eagerly.

"Okay." I say as my checks get red.

"Are you blushing?" He asks.

"How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess." He says as I feel a smile cross his face.