CH.9 - The Meeting

YOUR POV

We wake up and pack our things. We must get going as quick as we can. We start walking through the dry desert. I try to talk to Newt a few times but nothing happens. I am really worried about him. I instead end up talking to the new girl. She tells me her name is Teresa. We talk about her glade and slang. Both mazes were pretty much the same, just a few small differences. We come over a hill and see people in the distance. They seem to be huddled around something. I wonder who they are and what they are looking at. As we get closer I hear Teresa gasp.

"It's Thomas." She says quietly. Thomas!?! He was someone she talked about being in the glade with. That means Newt must be there too. He has to be. We get closer and a few of them turn to look at us. I'd kind of forgotten that I don't know what Newt looks like. I don't know which one is him.

"Excuse me." I say. "Which one of you is Newt?" I ask. They clear a path and a dark skinned boy points towards the middle of the circle. An orange-brown haired boy stands up in the middle of the circle and brushes off his clothes. He looks as though he's been knocked out. He looks at me and smiles.

"Newt." I whisper as a tear falls down my cheek.

"Y/n." He says so soft I can barely hear it. He walks over to me and squeezes me tight, then whispers softly in my ear. "I can't wait to finally get to know you."

"Me too." I say. And as I say it, I know everything is going to be alright.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The reason this chapter seems like an ending is because when I put this on Instagram I divided it into 2 parts and this was the end of the first part. Don't worry there is still more to come!