CH.12 - The Storm

YOUR POV

Minho's eyes are in complete shock. He seems to have lost his words. He looks at the sky and looks at us.

"Run." He says. "RUN RUN!" He yells. We follow Minho in a full out sprint. We run into the nearest building and find a place in a corner. Newt puts his arm around me and I hold his hand tight. I squeeze his hand and he squeezes mine back.

"We'll stay here until the storm passes." Minho says. "In the meantime, everyone should get some sleep. We will have to make up for lost time tomorrow." I rest my head on Newt's shoulder and fall asleep to the sound of thunder in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up with my head on Newt's shoulder.

"Hey." He says with a smile. "The storm is almost over. We are going to leave soon." Sure enough, a few minutes later Minho gets up and tells everyone else to get up too. We all get up within 3 minutes. Minho motions for us to follow him and we do. Newt grabs my wrist a little too hard.

"Ouch!" I say and rub my wrist.

"Sorry love." Newt says as he blushes. "Very sorry." He grabs my hand really gently and we walk out of the building. We run through the hot desert. We run until the sun is just setting. You almost cannot see it anymore.

"Let's settle here." Minho says.

"No let's walk a little while longer." Newt says. "We lost a lot of time today."

"No. It's going to get too dark." Minho says.

"We lost too much time." Newt says a little too harsh. "Who knows how far we could have gotten." Newt's face has a look of fierce anger.

"Newt." I say. "It's okay. Let's just listen to Minho. He is the leader."

"No!" He yells at me. I am taken aback. I can't believe he just yelled at me. My face must've shown what I was feeling, for his face got softer.

"I'm sorry love. I don't know what's gotten into me. I am truly sorry." A tear runs down his cheek. "I'm sorry Minho. I didn't mean to yell. Let's stop here. You're the leader." We all lay down and drift off to sleep on the hot sand.