Two

"My name is Russ, I'm twenty-eight years old, and I was blipped."

"Hi, Russ."

"When I came back, I found out that my dog had died. I live alone, and the night it happened we were just on the couch, playing some video games, and then poof... One minute I'm there, and the next there's Ralphie's skeleton next to me."

His voice breaks, putting his head in his hands as he cries. The group leader is sitting next to him, and she puts a comforting hand on his back. She nods understandably.

"You'd think someone would have come by and fed him," he blubbers, sniffling.

"Thank you for sharing, Russ. I know that situation happened to a lot of people."

The group chimes in. "Thank you for sharing, Russ."

The leader turns to the group, taking them in. "Anyone else want to share?"

A woman with blonde hair keeps her head down, fiddling with the leather bracelets on her wrists.

"Yelena. How about you?"

Yelena looks up, caught. She shakes her head, frowning. "No, thanks."

"You've been coming for the last couple of weeks, but you never share. In order to heal we have to tell. Even though it's hard. It's supposed to be. Share," the woman urges, calmly eager.

Yelena shifts in her seat, sitting up a little straighter. "I was blipped."

Her pause makes the group leader nod, eyebrows raised in a question. "And...?"

"And... When I came back I found out my sister had killed herself."

The others in the group look down, not sure how to react to that.

The group leader nods, interested. "And how did that make you feel?"

Yelena scoffs lightly, a frustrated smile flashing across her face. "Sad. It made me feel sad," she bites, sarcasm licking the words.

"Was that your only emotion? You didn't feel angry, or hurt?"

Yelena grinds her teeth, shifting in her seat again. "I felt guilty. Because I feel like if I was there, with her, I would've been able to prevent it. And I felt betrayed. That she did that when we had already lost so much time together."

"I see... Were you able to visit her where she was put to rest? Find that closure?"

Yelena sticks out her jaw, uncomfortable. "Yes," she lies.

"That's great. I'm happy for you. Thank you for sharing, Yelena."

"Thank you for sharing, Yelena."

"I don't know why you make me go to these," Yelena grumbles, driving home in her used blue truck, her phone on speaker in the cupholder.

"Because it's good for you. I've read plenty of articles and memoirs on blipped people, and it says that going to support groups and being surrounded by others who have had the same experience helps," Kate answers. "Plus, I don't make you go to them. I simply tell you where they are and what time and then say you should go."

"By texting me non-stop until I give in and leave the house. Going is the only way to get you to shut up."

"I'll take it."

Yelena humphs. She turns down her street, cruising past the rows of houses in her subdivision until she reaches her driveway.

"Are you visiting next month?"

"Yes, I'm thinking the first weekend in April. Is that okay?" Kate asks.

Yelena shrugs, pulling in. "Not like I'm doing anything." She turns off the truck, getting out and heading for the front door. She bends down and picks up a Captain America-like shield frisbee from the neighbor kids that landed in her yard, tossing it back to theirs. "How is school going?"

"It's good. I'm just so close I'm ready for it to be over. I need to get out, do stuff. Takedown bad guys."

Yelena smiles. "I feel you on that last part. Alright, I'm home. I need to let out Fanny, make some dinner. Stay safe, Kate Bishop."

"You too, Yelena Belove-a."

Yelena just smirks and shakes her head, ending the call as she unlocks the door to her childhood home. Fanny bounds over to her, tail shaking and tongue lolling. Yelena pets her all over, walking to the back door and letting her out into the expansive yard.

After releasing a couple dozen widows from the confines of the Red Room's mind control, she had employed them with expanding their reach and tackling the rest. She goes on a mission every once in a while when one is close to her, but as of late she has been feeling homesick.

But she isn't sure where home is.

So, she went to the closest one she had.

Ohio.

Moving into the empty house of her childhood, Dreykov owned it and just filled it with any undercover agents he had, using it as a safe house. With the Red Room gone, it sat empty.

Until Yelena came back.

She and Fanny moved in, the furniture the same, the art on the walls never replaced. It was like going back in time. She was flooded with the memories of her sister, her parents, who she still talks to but visits less as they are across the ocean living at her mother's farm.

However, she will admit, it does get lonely here. The big house with only her and Fanny. She imagines it with two little girls, two loving parents, noise constantly, voices talking. No more. Just empty.

It helps that she's near Nat. Her headstone, at least, as there was no body to bury. Her sister is just a short car ride away, and the proximity brings her peace and comfort. She doesn't feel as small.

After New York and the whole Clint mission, Kate and her got in touch. Well, Kate got in touch. Yelena was fine with never interacting with the girl again, but the archer couldn't stay away from her. So her persistence eventually wore Yelena down and they visited. Yelena was too prideful to call her "best friend" but Kate said the words constantly, and they always made the assassin smile. The two of them have plans for Kate to move in with her when school is wrapped, and from then on they'll work together.

But for now, she is alone.

She goes into her office, monitors and weapons hanging from the walls, her own little headquarters. She leans over her desk, jiggling the mouse so the screen wakes up and a little light blinks red in her inbox. She clicks it, opening a message from Val.

Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine. Although the two didn't work together directly, Val had continuously kept Yelena on her radar, staying in touch. They'd had... what Val would call a falling out and Yelena would call a betrayal.