Rest Ain't For The Weak

A/N: Hope you enjoy the first addition to this stor
-  -  -

The rainy season had arrived in New Ninjago City, and the constant downpour that had been going on for the last few days nonstop seemed to have lulled the city into a peaceful, comforting existence. Everyone seemed calmer, taking the time to greet the occasional stranger in the streets or give an extra smile to the barista at the coffee shop.

Personally, Zane considered this one of his favorite seasons aside from winter, because during this season, his fierce and fiery husband, Kai, became calm and docile.

Don't get him wrong, he loves his menace to society more than anything, but it was nice to see him finally relax and give in to his need to be taken care of. Kai was a very passionate, energetic, and loud person, and a sharp contrast to Zane's calm mellowness.

Zane loves Kai, but he's often worried about how the man never seems to slow down and relax. He's always going to the next thing, always moving, and frankly, has the attention span of a tater-tot. In all honesty, Zane is astonished that Kai hasn't gotten himself seriously hurt already, by what seems to be his complete lack of an ability to slow down and chill out.

So yes, Kai finally letting himself be pampered was nice.

Zane smiled as Kai's soft breath tickled his skin as he hummed, his head lolling to one side until it hit Zane, warm lips subconsciously connecting with his collarbone as Zane ran gentle fingers through his long reddish-brown ponytail (long hair Kai supremacy).

'He sleeps so peacefully.' Zane thought to himself as Kai nuzzled him, making him chuckle a bit as his hair tickled his chin.

Yes, this was nice.