it's me.. remember?

Faces, familiar yet forgotten.

A woman. 

Golden curls, a gentle smile, kind hazel eyes, and a warm aura.

So familiar.. as if a memory about to be recalled.. as if it's about to all come back and make sense..

But nothing ever comes.

Next to the woman there's a man - a doctor - and a girl.

The doctor sees you fully wake up. He says something you can't quite hear to the girl and woman, then proceeds to walk out.

A girl with something more to her, with something more hiding behind that smile-

Nothing comes.

You blink. You try to smile, but can't - you're missing something. Something important. It's that feeling you get in your gut when you forget an important item - you know you forgot something, but don't know what or where. You just know you forgot.

You're distracted from your thoughts when the girl says, "It's me, Julie..." 

You look at her, trying to hide your confusion. You know you failed to do so when the girl drifts off, and a sad look crosses the girl. The look only lasts for a split second before being replaced with a thoughtful gaze, but you notice it. You always notice those types of details. Always.

"It's me.. remember?"

You think about it for a few seconds. No. The truth is that you don't remember. 

There's no point in hiding it. It will only harm you, and you know it. 

You shake your head.