a brick wall

The woman looks quite sad for a second, but then her expression goes blank.

The girl seems to be tearing up, her face reddening slightly.

The girl then picks up a bag, a thin, and green-ish plastic bag. You can see some yellow and dark brown shining through, as the sun glares at the bag.

The girl takes out a beautiful sunflower and hands it to you.

You look at it, surprised. The leaves on its stem look fresh, and the flower itself lively. A yellow flame dancing around a brown heart.

Beautiful.

"Do... Do you remember?"

The girl asks, looking at you, hopefully.

You don't raise your gaze, however.

Instead you keep looking at the sunflower.

"No."

Something breaks. You're not sure what, or why, but you can feel it.

"Are... Are..."

It seemed that the girl couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence; her voice was broken, like glass shattered into a million pieces. 

You bring yourself to look up, and you look into her eyes.

A memory hits you, like a brick wall. 

Or rather, of a brick wall.

-o-O-o-

"Julie! I bet you can't catch me!"

A girl. You. 

You're smiling at the girl - Julie - as you run through a field of sunflowers.

Joy. You feel it rushing through your entire body, starting in your chest, then spreading through your body in all directions.

Joy.

And then you feel - or rather, remember  - a sharp pain. A wall. A brick wall.

-o-O-o-

"A brick wall."

Is all you say.

-o-O-o-

The end.