Chapter 1

Quinn's POV:

I groaned as my morning alarm blared in my ears, getting up and shutting it off just to lay back down on the bed. I stood up, knowing if I laid down for too long I would fall asleep. I slowly got ready for work, my mornings were usually slow so I got up earlier to make up for it. The marathon I had last night was a mistake, but Miraculous ladybug just had a hold on me.

I walked out the door to be greated with little to no light, I had to make it to the nursery before the parents did so heading out before dawn was nothing unusual. The walk was calm and quiet and I would enjoy it more if I wasn't so tired. The pack usually didn't wake till a little after dawn, when the night patrol got back.

I unlocked the nursery and turned the lights on, the place was clean from yesterday but I had to set up for today. I restocked some diapers and wipes, and set up activities for the kids to do. After I was sure I was ready I opened the doors waiting for some parents to show up. After about 10 minutes the first kid showed up, Tiana. She was three and was always the first kid.

"Good morning Tiana! How are you feeling?" Tiana smiled and ran to the coloring books, she wasn't a big talker. I turned to her mom who was signing her in.

"How are you today?" I asked with a smile, but it was quickly wiped away.

"I'm here to drop off Tia not chit chat." the mom angrily walked off leaving me alone with Tiana. The other parents were all the same, dropping their kids off and saying something rude then leaving. As I was comforting a child who was already having a breakdown, two kids walked in with no parents.

"Hey guys, mom or dad has to sign you in!" I say still trying to comfort the child.

"Mommy says you can deal because she's running late! She told me to say fuck off if you have a problem with it!" The boy smiled clearly not understanding what he just said.

"Mr. Quinn? What does fuck off mean?" Another child asked innocently. I sighed and cursed the parent in my head.

"Guys...That means something bad. We don't say it cause it's a mean word ok?" All the kids nodded.

"Does that mean Owens mom was being mean to you?" I smiled.

"I'm sure she didn't mean it! We all say things we don't mean right?" The kids all nodded, Tiana came and gave me a hug.

"A hug always makes me feel better! So don't be sad!" All the kids joined in and comforted me, I smiled at my kids.

"Thank you guys, you're all great friends!" Eventually the babies also began showing up. This was where my day became super busy, with taking care of four babies and a massive amount of toddlers and kids all by myself. The kids mostly behaved but of course they are kids and things happen. My day was one of the more hard ones, one of the babies was sick and would not go to sleep or let me put her down. To top it off she was on the no medications list.

Finally at the end of the day she fell asleep, I waited by the sign out sheet for her mother. Many of the kids were signed out and the parents treated me just the cold as before. Eventually the baby's mom showed up.

"Hi, Karly right?" I asked while she signed the sheet.

"Yeah, what of it?" I smiled kindly.

"So Charlette is sick, I see on the sheet that she isn't allowed medication but she might need some. She's been fussy all day." I explained while handing her the baby.

"She seems fine now."

"Yes I did finally get her to sleep, so if you wanted to bring medicine tomorrow-"

"No. I will not allow someone like you to give my child medicine! Especially when she doesn't need it!" I flinched back as the mother screamed in my face. The baby woke up and started to cry. The mother looked at me annoyed and left, slamming the door behind her. I took a deep breathe and started to clean up after the kids, making sure to wipe everything down. Before leaving I shut the lights off and then headed home. The walk home was long and there were more people out than before. Many glared at me as I walked past. I only hoped the alpha was not out as I tried to hurry home. Thankfully I arrived home with no issues and got started on dinner. Work had been stressful but it still had been a good day compared to most.

As I was almost done with dinner I heard a knock on my door. I froze in my tracks, I knew that it had to be the patrol or the alpha. No one else came this far into the woods, especially not to see me. I made my way to the door and took a shaky breathe before opening it. Just had I had thought, it was the patrol.

"Nice of you to invite us in for dinner omega." The leader smirked. The way he said omega made me flinch, they were here to torment me. They all pushed their way into my tiny cottage, I could do nothing.

"Well? Are you gonna make us plates? We are starving." Another said with a wolfish grin on his face. I hesitated, I knew that I didn't have enough to feed everyone in the room. Apparently they took that as resistance because the leader growled and grabbed my arm throwing me into the kitchen.

"We said to get us plates! Or are you too slow to comprehend?" I shook my head and hurried to get them food. I barley had enough plates for all of them. I quickly dispersed the food as evenly as I could. There wasn't much on the plates, not close to enough to be considered a meal. I quickly brought them their food. One scoffed.

"This is it? What a horrible host."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting guests." I quietly stated playing with my hands. They all began to eat, finishing didn't take them long but I stood still staring at the floor.

"This shit sucks! Because we are on patrol we miss the good dinner tonight!" One of the wolves growled out crushing his plate in his hands and dropping the pieces to the floor.

"You're right, this is shit." The leader stood up and walked over to me. I stood still afraid of what was to happen. He poured what he had left over my head and laughed.

"There's your share bitch! Eat up!" I made no movement but my face went red with embarrassment. "I said eat! Are you not hungry?" He yelled in my face. I shook my head no avoiding eye contact. This made him angrier and he hit me with the plate causing it to shatter, I cried out and fell expecting to hit the floor. Instead he caught me by the throat and then grabbed my hair yanking me up. The others laughed as I struggled against his hold, blood seeping onto my face.

"You're lucky our alpha is kind enough to let a filthy little bitch like you live with us. I would have thrown you away like trash." He laughed mumbled in my ear. He grabbed my jaw digging his fingers in harshly while I grabbed at his hands trying to pry them off.

"You are nothing. No one wants you, or needs you. You will spend your life alone because that's what you deserve." He spat in my face as I held back tears. Finally he threw me to he ground.

"Clean your pig stye of a house." The others laughed once again and they all left. After a few moments of silence I wept. I wept because he was right, I knew that as an omega I was a burden to my pack. I was just dead weight. All the adults hated me, the kids I took care of would soon grow to hate me too. I wept for what felt like forever, until my voice was hoarse and I couldn't breathe. I then cleaned up the mess and went to wash up.

I looked into the mirror after my shower, my face was already bruised and the gash in my head was ugly. I noticed a bruise forming on my arm from being grabbed earlier. All things I would try to hide from the kids the next day. They didn't understand why all the adults and older kids treated me badly. I took a deep shaky breathe before climbing into bed. Tomorrow would be better I promised myself.