Chapter 3

Quinn's POV:

Fear racked my body as I held the metal pole towards unseen enemies, the forest was dark and the children behind me were scared. I wanted to protect them no matter what. I could hear the growling and footsteps in the dark, not knowing where they were or when they could attack. I was speaking to the kids, letting them know everything was going to be ok when a wolf jumped out at me. I instantly swung the pole, the wolf effortlessly caught it in his mouth and crushed it. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Stop! Get back!" I desperately shouted, a laugh then rang in my ears. I yelped as my hair was yanked back and the man who had invaded my home came into view.

"Do you really value your life omega?" he laughed and pointed toward the wolves closing in on me. "Because they don't."

"No! The kids! Get them away, help them!" I cried trying to get away from his grasp.

"What kids?" The man grinned wolfishly and started to back away, I whipped my head around and the kids were gone. The wolves growled loudly angry my attention wasn't on them. I turned to look at them confused, there was blood around their mouths and I connected the dots. They had killed and possibly eaten the children, I screamed and cried sinking to my knees. The wolves moved towards me again and I fell back, crawling backwards to get away. I tried to roll to the side as one lunged at me but I was too slow and he bite down on my arm. I yelled in pain and hit him to get him off, another bit down on my leg and dragged me as the first let go. I dug my hands into the ground trying to stop him from taking me. Loud laughing sounded throughout the forest, when I looked around my pack was watching smiling devilishly down at me.

"Help me! Please!" They laughed louder as another wolf grabbed me and started to rip a chunk from my side, I screamed in pain and fought with all my might. The packs words ran through my head.

"Why would we help you?"

"You're nothing."

"Not worth the effort, you should hurry up and die."

The wolves tore away at me harshly and unrelenting, I screamed and cried the pain was unbearable. The wolf who had started it all loomed above my head. I whimpered and cried.

"Please...don't." The wolf seemed to have a grin as he lunged at my face.

I bolted up, a scream escaping my mouth. My hand shot up to silence myself, I shook thinking about the dream. 'It's not real, none of it was real' I told myself. I looked over to my nightstand to check the time but my clock wasn't there, in fact this wasn't even my room. My eyes darted around the room as I tried to figure out where I was. The room was nice, much nicer than anything I would have been given at home. I tried to remember how I had gotten here, I thought back to work and what I had done after. I remember Charlette being sick and then...my memories filled in for themselves. My nightmare had semblance of the truth, my pack had been attacked and I was offered up for murder. That's why I was here, I pulled my legs to my chest. I wondered if my death would be as painful and gruesome as my dream, I hoped not but that was all that consumed my thoughts.

While thinking, I heard voices in the hallway. Unwillingly my body began to shake, my chest tightened and my mouth went dry. I felt like I couldn't breathe, this was it. I was going to die. I stared at the door until someone walked through. It was the people who were in the truck with me yesterday, they looked me up and down and their eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you ok? The guard said you screamed." I just stared at her, why did it matter. Wasn't she just going to kill me anyway. She glanced at her partner, I could tell they were using the mind link. After a moment or so they both turned towards me, if possible I made myself smaller. They looked sad but I didn't know why, maybe they didn't like putting people to death.