Chapter 2

Quinn's POV:

The morning was rough, I was sore from then night before and my head had bled again while I slept. I tried putting makeup on the facial bruises to cover them, not being an expert it was poorly done but good enough. I redressed my head wound and put a beanie over it. Figuring it probably looked fine I headed out for work. Doing my normal routine kids started coming in as happy as ever.

The mother form yesterday still had not brought medicine and her baby was clearly sick. I continued to hold her and try to soothe her. "Why is Charlette crying so much?" Owen asked. The other kids also looked at me for answers.

"She's not feeling well and since she's a baby she only knows how to cry to ask for help." I explained while the kids nodded.

"Why doesn't she take medicine? My mommy always gives me some when I don't feel good!" Another kid asked.

"Her mommy doesn't want her to." I explained, they were confused but went back to their games. Charlette continued to cry, I couldn't get her to calm down. I had a really bad feeling and felt her head which was unusually warm. This led to me hurrying to check her temperature, she had a fever and a high one. Panicking I ran to the bathroom and grabbed the baby medicine, whether the mom liked it or not I was giving it to her. As soon as I had given it to her I heard screaming. I ran back out to the kids who all looked terrified.

I looked out the window to see a foreign pack attacking ours. I cursed under my breathe as my blood ran cold. I quickly closed the shades and ran to lock the door. I brought all the kids to where the other three babies slept, Charlette had thankfully stopped crying. All the kids were scared.

"What's happening Mr. Quinn?" Tiana asked quietly. I smiled at her.

"Don't worry, the warriors are gonna protect us! We are just in here for extra protection." I told the kids but my heart was beating wildly in my chest. No one had ever attacked us before, all our neighboring packs were our allies. I told the kids they could quietly play eye spy or something quiet, they needed a distraction. I carefully tried to listen for danger, my senses weren't as sharp as trained wolves since I was forbidden from training and shifting.

After about twenty minutes a bang sounded on the outside door, some of the kids yelped.

"Shh, try to be quiet! It's gonna be ok!" I hugged a few kids who had tears running down their faces. Some kids comforted the younger ones. A few more bangs sounded before there was a crash. The enemy was in the daycare. My eyes widened, I had no way to protect the kids. My alpha had ordered me to never shift, and that was absolute. I handed Charlette to one of my oldest kids and ushered everyone as far back as I could get them. I looked around for anything to use as a weapon. I opened the closet and stared at the pole that held spare clothes. Quickly throwing the clothes to the ground I took the pole out, thank god it was detachable. Just as I did the banging started on the nursery door, the kids started to scream and cry. I ran over to shield them, holding up my weapon.

"Leave us alone! It's just kids in here!" I hoped it would appeal to their better nature but the banging continued until they kicked through the door. They weren't shifted but there was five of them, I doubt I could take them on.

"Stay back! I'll use this!" I growled, I probably didn't look very intimidating. The one who kicked the door in assessed me and the room. He noticed I was the only adult and probably noticed my lack in training.

"Come with us, all of you. We promise you won't be harmed." He stated with no emotion in his voice.

"Why would I ever trust you?" I scowled at him.

"Your pack has fallen. We have your alpha and everyone else rounded up. Don't make us force you." The ones behind him glared at me, some even looked amused at my pole. When I didn't back down he nodded his head at the men. Two of them closed in on me, I aimed at both of them and they laughed. When they got too close I swung, apparently I wasn't even good at that because the one on the right caught it with ease, yanking it and taking me with it. I fell to the ground and the other kicked me in the stomach knocking the wind out of me. The kids cried louder and asked them to stop.