Chapter 1

5 years later

Isabela's POV:

It has been 5 years since Mirabel died. I really missed having her around. Things were never the same without her. The smile that greeted me every morning, her singing waking the family up, and how annoyed her face was whenever I showed up. Looking back at my wish for her to die before we made up my my stomach twist and turn. She was the best hermana anyone could ever ask for. Yet...I took her for granted. I would even have nightmares about her last words. "Please help me Isa. Don't leave me". If I hand't left her to help the others find any remaining items she would've probably been alive right now. The least I could do was stay with her at that time, but no, my idiotic mind thought she'd be fine. Now she's gone... I got married last week and it was upsetting to not see my little hermana there. I reserved her a seat at my wedding and the whole ceremony I was hallucinating, seeing Mirabel there sitting patiently. She was smiling at me the whole time and she was looking at my stomach. After the ceremony as I got changed I found a paper on my dresser. "Congratulations on you big day sis! I love you!" It said. It was all in Mirabel's handwriting. I felt tears building up in the corner of my eye as I read it over and over again. Just then mama entered the room and sat beside my bed. How you feeling mi amor? Mama asked as she tucked some loose hair behind my ear. I wish Mira was here. I said putting on a sad smile. Mama put on a sad smile as well. I'm sure she's watching you right now. I hugged mama really tight before she pulled away. I found these in the rubbles of casita when it fell. I just thought that now would be the right time to give it to you. She said, handing me the box. I gently untied the ribbon the opened the box. I found a pair of pajamas that were dark blue and had splashes of colors on it. I hugged it close to me then folded it neatly and placed it on my closet. I'm definitely wearing that tonight. I told mama. Mama smiled before kissing my forehead and leaving the room. Just then my new now husband, David, entered the room. How you doing? I'm doing great. I smiled at him. I patted the place beside my bed motioning him to sit. As soon as he sat down I placed my head on his shoulder. I have someone to tell you but please...don't be mad. I told him. Okay....what is it? He asked. I'm actually three months pregnant. His jaw dropped before hugging me real tight. That's amazing mi amor! He exclaimed before hugging me again. What should her name be? He asked. Well...if it was ok with you I wanted to name her Mirabel. I said. If you want so then I'm fine by it. He sweetly said kissing my forehead.

...

It had now been 9 months and I have my newly born daughter in my arms. David was sadly visiting his family out of the Encanto which was 3 days away. Mama was helping me out and so was papa. My now daughter Mirabel was wearing Mira's old clothes when she was born. I kissed her forehead then rocked her to sleep gently in my arms. Mama then entered the room with some of Mirabel's newly bought things. How are you hija? She asked as she kissed my forehead. I'm great mama. I said before looking back down at Mirabel who was gently sucking her fingers. Your hermana used to do that a lot. Mama said looking at Mira. She even looks just like her I added. From the curly hair, to the skin color, to basically everything. I said looking at mama. She smiled sadly before hugging me tight. Do you want Luisa to meet her? Mama asked. I nodded before kissing Mirabel's forehead. Mama then left the room and minutes later I found Luisa coming in. Hey Lui. I waved to her. Haven't called me that in a long time. She chuckled before walking over to me. She looks exactly like her. Luisa sighed. She does. I replied back looking down at Mirabel. I handed her over to Luisa and got out of bed pulling Luisa out with me. I'm sure Mirabel would like to spend some time with her tia. If it's ok with her? I asked. I'd love that. Luisa said hugging me. Thanks sis. She said before walking away with Mirabel. I then went back to my room and saw Mirabel sitting on my bed. Hey Isa. Don't mind her she's just a hallucination. I thought to myself ignoring Mirabel's greetings. Please Isa...talk to me. She pleaded. You're just a hallucination you're not real. I said to her sitting on my bed rubbing my head. I am real. Just really din't have the courage to show myself to the others yet. She pleaded. Fine. Prove yourself tell me one things only the two of us know. I said rubbing my eyes. You locked me up in the closet when I was 6. You were the one who broke Abuelo and Abuela's picture frame good thing the one you broke was a duplication. Mirabel smirked. HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THESE!?!? I shouted. Because I'm your sister. So please talk to me. Mirabel pleaded again. Can I hug you? I curiously asked. Bring it in sister. Mirabel said as she hugged me. I'm sorry I left you alone to die. I cried in her shoulder. Hey it's not your fault. Mira reassured me. Just then my door flung open to reveal Luisa holding mi hija who was smiling. What is happening? She asked looking at Mirabel's ghost. What happened to your hair-? Mira said walking over to Luisa and touching and swirling her hair around. (Her hair wasn't in a bun btw) Mira is that really you? Luisa asked with tears in her eyes. Mirabel nodded before hugging Luisa. I'll be back later kay' sissies? Mirabel said. Hugging me and Luisa once again. Then...she disappeared.

...

Word Count: 1057 words