First Light

Noisy. It was way too noisy. She forced her eyes to open. Clattering, quickly scuttling; faster the noise grew louder. Loud noise. It filled her head. She closed her eyes.

Dark. Fuzzy. The air in the dark is making way for something. A figure, a person? A lot of them? Fast, quick, and scattered, their footsteps echoed in her ears. Voices accompanied it too.

Voices..."No matter what happens, no matter what you hear, you stay here okay?" It was the voice that had advised her, right before they faded away, from that while ago. "Stay in that shadow, and wait for me! I don't want someone as precious as you to get harmed. I'll be back." Promise. That was their promise. Warm words, but it felt cold. Unusual coming from them.

She didn't mind their absence. It was only something she had to endure for a short while. If she waits it out, they'll be back again. They did promise her after all.

Opening her eyes, her hand immediately wrapped around the object dangling around her neck. It was small like a bug. It was sparkly and pretty. They called it a necklace, and they gave it to her when they left. The way their eyes remained on it before letting it go. It must be important to them. She didn't know why they gave it to her. But it was fine, she liked it anyway. It was shiny, sparkly and pretty. She liked the warmth it gave when she touched it.

Something loud. It was near. She curled into a ball, wrapping the blanket tighter. Sticking close to the wall, she closed her eyes, trembling for no reason at all.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.

They'll be gone. Like always. They would take care of it.

...

Wait.

Her friend is away.

That's okay. She can fade away. The sound was heavy and many.

It's okay, she can fade away.

No–

A scream escaped from her, she collapsed to the ground. It hurts, her head hurts. Something hot made its way down from her crown, to her cheek, then her jaw, the sensation of its departure despite it still being there. Repeatedly.

It hurts.

"See? Told you she was around here."

A voice. Above her. Gruff. She didn't like it.

"Ugh fine, just go ahead and tie her up." She was lifted up by the hair, her palms separated from the warmth it enclosed.

"Still awake? Interesting!"

Pain flared in her head, much more painful. Another scream was forced out of her. This time, it caused her to close her eyes.

••●•• 

"That was quite the mess you made back there."

A voice.

She opened her eyes.

A boy. Young. Covered in black, white wrapped around his right eye and cheek. His brown hair framed his face, the one eye she sees is completely empty.

The pain. It was gone now. How?

"Ah don't make that face!" The boy pouted. "I don't really mind y'know, it makes my job much more easier."

A blink.

"Yeah. Anyways, can you stand? I don't wanna to carry you." He drawls out. "My back hurts."

Well. She can't really move her legs. Frozen, to the core, shivering.

"N-no... Sorry..." a soft voice, it almost didn't come out, blocked by an unused throat.

"Ah! She speaks! But with bad news it seems." He sighs. "Well its fine, I shouldn't have asked." He easily waved it off, a smile now seen on his face.

A smile?

How warm.

They smiled at her before they left.

It was nice.

Ah.

She wanted to close her eyes.

"Are you sleepy?" he asked, tilting his head.

She couldn't keep her eyes open for much longer. "Yes..."

"Then I'll let you sleep." he said kindly.

With that, she let the boy snuff out her breath.

••●••

• ►「nukunukunounknown」

|EDITED|