New Recruit

「𝘐 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘻𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳-𝘴𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘺」

••●••

Yay, finished.

Ayaki carefully stacked the paperwork on top of each other, trying to make it into one manageable piece.

Yep, she -- a 12-year-old who is still technically not allowed to work, does the paperwork because a little bitch (Dazai) wouldn't do it himself.

Well, if she was being honest, she liked doing paperwork. She actually found it quite relaxing, because she can actually think properly without dealing with a certain man child's antics.

Though there are times were she disliked working, specifically when there was too much to work with. This is why she randomly disappears whenever the Agency has a busy day.

But today was surprisingly quiet. If she had to guess, it would probably be because of the weretiger case being solved. She was thankful for this, because she can freely go out to buy chocolate without Kunikida scolding her that she should've been accompanied by someone (despite the blond man knowing full well about her capabilities).

She glanced at the clock.

It's getting late, the rest have probably gone back...

Oh wait.

Dazai said they were going to discuss Atsushi's entrance exam at this hour. Ayaki didn't join them, she was too engrossed with the paperwork; but as far as she knew, they were in the conference room.

Alright then. She stood up, heading towards the said room, perhaps she can give some suggestions.

Though as soon as she was about to turn open the doorknob, she heard something that she wished she didn't.

"...with the little finger on his left hand, if we rip them off in order... and he endures all 10 until the little finger on his right hand, he passes the exam."

What.

What.

...

Nope.

She isn't going to deal with this shit.

The young girl turned 180 degrees, walking towards the nearest shadow with a sigh.

••●••

"You're an idiot"

"A very handsome idiot!"

"Still an idiot though."

With two functioning braincells, Dazai decided to follow the recent suicide trend of sticking themselves inside an oil drum. However, Dazai couldn't seem to get himself out.

Now, the responsibility of pulling Dazai out of his mess has fallen on poor Ayaki's shoulders. In an act of rage, she repeatedly flicked Dazai's forehead whenever he tried to say something.

"Ayaki-chan--"

flick

"Hey--!"

flick

"Stop it--!"

flick

"Ayaki--!"

flick