Chapter 2

So Naruto finally made his way to the cafeteria. He would normally eat with the usual group consisting of Shikamaru, Chouji, Shino, and the occasional Kiba if he wasn't being loud and annoying. One Naruto was enough, Sasuke said one time, but Kiba always found a way to stick around.

Anyway, so Naruto finally got the cafeteria and there Sasuke was. He was talking to Shikamaru about something, he couldn't make it out. His lips seemed to move so little, but still looked so graceful and- Crap. He looked over. So why did that make the blonde's heart jump? Without his knowledge, his legs began leading him over to the table where they were all sitting. It seemed the same as before, so why was he so nervous? Because Sakura had to give him that stupid drink. Stupid love potion.

"H...h-hey guys," Naruto managed to squeak out.

"What's wrong with you?" Shikamaru asked.

Why was he doing this? If anything, Naruto knew better than to play with other's people's feelings. He didn't know how love potions worked, but he knew it wasn't anything natural. The love wasn't natural. So why would he do this to his best friend?

"Uh...what's that?" Chouji asked while pointing at the bottle.

He didn't want to force Sasuke into that false love, but he definitely didn't want to face Sakura. He could sense her behind him. Oh, how much pain he would be in. Hurt Sasuke, or face being beaten to death by Sakura? Fortunately, or unfortunately, the choice was taken out of his hands.

"Hey Naruto! What's this?"

Kiba popped out of nowhere and snatched the bottle out of the blonde's hands before he got an answer.

"Hey! Give that back, Kiba!"

"Why? I bet it's something good!"

"I said give it back!"

Naruto reached for the bottle, but it was pulled away before he could grab it. They were no causing a bit of commotion in the cafeteria until-

"HEY!"

And now Sakura entered the fray. She jumped on Kiba's back and pulled his head back in a headlock while Naruto was pulling his arm to grab the bottle. Now, now it was a scene. It was embarrassing. It had to be stopped.

"Give it!"

"No!"

"Give it, Inuzuka!"

Sasuke got up from the table and made his way to the pathetic scene.

"Will you guys knock it off?"

Before an answer could be made, the bottle flew open and the liquid flew everywhere. Well, not everywhere, because most of it landed right on the annoyed Uchiha.

"Gah!"

"Uh-oh."

"Crap! Sasuke!"

"Sasuke-kun!"

Sasuke fell on the floor rubbing his eyes with the whole room looking. One thing about Uchihas was the fact that their eyes were really sensitive and sure enough, some of the potion got into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Sasuke-kun! I didn't want this to happen!"

She knelt down in front of him and began rubbing the juice off of his face with a napkin.

"Those idiots! Are you alright?"

Sasuke didn't give a response other than rubbing his eyes and grunting in pain.

"Sasuke-kun. Open your eyes and let me see."

"There's no time!"

Naruto jerked Sasuke up and led him out of the cafeteria.

"He needs to go to the infirmary now!"

Naruto led Sasuke through the halls going as fast as he could without tripping the raven while running. When the two did make it to the infirmary, Sasuke sat on the bed still rubbing his eyes while Naruto nervously looked around.

"Ah, Shizune-sensei isn't here!"

Naruto grabbed a towel and wetted it in the sink.

"Here. Stop rubbing and stay still."

Carefully, Naruto wiped the raven's face without touching the area near his eyes.

"Hold still. I'm almost done."

As gently as he could, he wiped the potion off of Sasuke's face. He knew well enough that his friend's eyes were sensitive, so he always acted as carefully as possible when it came to his face.

"Okay. I'm done. Can you open your eyes now?"

Ever so slowly, the raven's eyes opened and met with the cerulean eyes staring right back at him. As weird as it may have seemed, it didn't look like the regular eyes he would show to everyone. And with that, Naruto's heart jumped once again, though he couldn't explain why. Maybe it was because it surprised him? Well, he didn't have enough time to think it through, because Shizune just walked in the door.

"Ah! Sasuke-kun! Naruto-kun! What are you doing here? Did something happen?"

"Oh! Shizune-sensei! Uh, something was irritating Sasuke's eyes, so I brought him here!"

Naruto got up from his seat and made his way to the door.

"Uh...I'm going now, so I'll see you in class, right?"

Naruto left before he could an answer from him or a goodbye from Shizune. All that was running through his head at the time was the look in Sasuke's eyes. Wait. Something else ran came by. The lectures waiting in the classroom.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

Naruto sat at his desk with his head hanging, but Kiba had his fingers in his ears.

"Man! What the hell's the big deal? It was his fault that this happened."

"Me?! You're the one who took it without permission! And you didn't give it back when I asked for it!"

"It's not asking when I'm stuck in a headlock!"

"I don't care who's fault it is! You guys hurt Sasuke-kun because of your stupidity!"

"Yeah!"

"What's wrong with you two?"

The two boys continued to take the verbal abuse until the door slid open and revealed the said boy from earlier. Everyone's mouths slammed shut as he made his way through the room over to Naruto's desk.

"Sasuke! Are you alright?" the blonde asked.

Sasuke didn't make any sound but continued to stare at the blonde intensely, which made the said blonde a bit uncomfortable.

"Heh heh. Sorry about what happened earlier....If Kiba didn't take that bottle, that wouldn't have happened."

"It's okay."

Without any warning, Sasuke reached out and pulled Naruto close by the waist.

"And thank you."

Sasuke leaned down and pressed his lips against Naruto's, leaving the classroom in total silence before they broke out in an uproar.

To Be Continued....