Chapter 6

A slight bump broke the blonde out of his slumber. His eyes fluttered open to see two women, not from the beginning of the bus ride, looking at him with great anticipation then turning their head away very quickly and giggling to one another. His body gained enough feeling to feel a slight pressure on the top of his head. Sasuke. Naruto pulled his head away quickly and the raven's head fell to his shoulder.

'I get it,' Naruto thought. 'I fell asleep...on Sasuke.'

He tried looking over at his friend, but couldn't see past his spiky hair. However, Sasuke wasn't making any movements other than heavy breathing. So Sasuke fell asleep as well. Naruto thought about waking him, but suddenly went against it and continued to let him sleep. He looked over again and slowly brushed some of the hair off of Sasuke's face. The blonde has seen Sasuke sleep before, but he'd never seen Sasuke's sleeping face up close. His eyes weren't as narrowed as they always were when awake, and he definitely wasn't scowling, which Naruto thought was a great improvement for his image. His lips looked so relaxed...and very soft....

He heard the girls giggling again. He turned to see them just staring at them now without even hiding it. His face grew bright red and he turned his head to the window. Even so, he could still sense the girls giggling. That, and the rhythm of Sasuke's breathing. He turned his head again and looked at Sasuke's face once more. Even though he didn't know where they were going, Naruto didn't want to wake him up. So he leaned back into the seat and continued staring out the window.

A couple of more stops came and went before Sasuke woke up.

"Hn...Where are we?" he asked while turning his head to the blonde.

He was still in a sleepy state, so his face was just as relaxed as it was a few seconds ago. Naruto pulled his head away to hide the red that somehow always found a way to come back to his cheeks.

"H-how the heck should I know! I don't even know where we're going!"

The raven sat up and looked around the bus. Now no one was on but them and the bus driver. He looked out the window to see a rigid wall of rock on that side of the road. He turned his head to the other window and saw the same thing. He smirked to himself and straightened his posture.

"We're almost there."

"Where?"

Sasuke grabbed Naruto's hand and gave him a smirk.

"You'll see."

When the bus came to the next stop, both boys disembarked to a deserted place. Naruto looked around and saw nothing.

"Wha-? You took me all the way out here to nothing?!"

"No, Usuratonkachi."

Naruto winced at that name. It was harsher than the last name, so maybe Sasuke was getting better.

"Look."

Sasuke turned Naruto around to see what they came for: the ocean. Naruto's eyes widened to look at the blue beauty stretched across the horizon.

"S-Sasuke, wasn't there a closer location we could have gone to? Plus, I don't have any swimming trunks."

"It's fine. I originally didn't plan to come here, but you didn't want to be seen with me, so."

Sasuke pulled on Naruto's hand to the road leading to the shore.

"I decided to come here. Not only did I think this was something you would like,"

He turned his head and showed Naruto something that was extremely rare but only he had seen.

"But no one else would be here, so I will have you all to myself."