The Work Begins

Annabeth found herself looking at a screen, and on the screen it said 'You aren't skinny, or blonde enough, or beautiful enough and that attitude is not going to work' She felt a cold hand yank her by the hair, she was faced with a large bucket of a clear, thick liquid and she felt herself having tight goggles roughly shoved on her face, 'your eyes are another story'. What could she have meant by that, Annabeth didn't have time to think, she was grabbed by the ankle and dunked into the tub, it burned like molten lava being poured all over her, she was dunked multiple times and when she finally had room to breath she whimpered 'p-please ss-top'. Finally the dunking stopped and she found herself being blindfolded and strapped to a chair. She sat in that chair for days, waiting for the cool burning to stop. 

A week later Annabeth's blindfold was finally taken off. She looked in the mirror, terrified and she screamed, her hair was bright blonde and her skin was white? It was pale for sure and she just didn't look the same. But she was still a child of Athena and her grey eyes proved it. 

A month later Annabeth found herself crying in front of a stained mirror, she was no longer a child of Athena, her eyes were blue and her hair was a vibrant blonde. It had started when Melissa came into her room with a bottle of something blue, it was copper sulphate. She had walked slowly towards me and grabbed me, I was too weak to fight back and she poured it into my eyes and it stung so badly, I hated every second of it. My eyes were red for a week, and now their blue, BLUE.