3.0

𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖞: 𝖈𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖆𝖈𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖗 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖊𝖉𝖌𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌.

- 𝕺𝖝𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝕷𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖘

Callie's POV

The week practically flew by and felt like a waste of my time as all the lectures I attended were remotely the same thing, which was introducing the modules for the term.

Being a law student seems like a route every parent wishes their child to aspire to but shockingly it was my aunts' profession that showed me the impact lawyers can have on society.

Protecting people and helping people has always been something that appealed to me ever since I was a little girl I knew the one thing I wanted to do was make my parents proud, especially after they split.

It felt like I was the string that held them together such as knowing that if I accomplished great things during school it would force them to come together to celebrate the success of their daughter.

Of course, since then I know it isn't as easy as it seems, trying to keep up the image of a happy family has never been easy and it took me a long time to realise that without accepting that they were better apart I would have no room to heal from the emotional stress it strained upon me.

Divorce is common in this day and age and it doesn't mean they didn't love each other it just means the love they were capable of just had to be spread out more.

I wouldn't change having my little sister for the world and the blessing of my stepdad and sometimes Arabella too.

Law to me felt like power, the power to change, the power to accept and the power to fight.

Fight for what was right and dispute wrong, without law there would be no order and we would all be doing as we wish with a lack of principles.

Maybe I'm naive but it's just what my aunt taught me growing up as a criminal defence lawyer. She always said to go with your gut and represent those who you believe in, luckily after I graduate I can join her firm and gain experience before completing any exams.

The party won't be starting till 11 pm despite the invite saying 9 pm, which means very needed pre-drinks needed to take place to get everyone on the right level of drunk.

I feel like I feel more comfortable with a drink in me especially being around people that I haven't really met or know well. Don't get me wrong I do not think to have fun you need to drink but in this situation, it is very much needed.

I start to get ready around 8 so that Arabella has enough time to get ready seeing as we share a bathroom and she takes longer in the shower than I do.

I slick my hair back with my hair being half up and half down with loose curls and apply light makeup and lashes to feel dressed up.

I settle for a pink two-piece set of shorts and a crop top, the cold will be practically non-existent with the amount of alcohol I plan on consuming tonight.

Arabella sports a black dress that hugs her figure perfectly.

Her blue eyes pop against her black hair, and she looks so pretty but we're not that close enough for me to pay her a compliment, it would be seen as odd being that it is not the type of relationship we have.

"What?" She asks curiously as to why I'm looking at her in the mirror whilst fixing my hair.

"Oh nothing just your dress is nice is all," I reply feeling embarrassed that she caught me looking.