"It fucking hurts, selenedammit!!"

Czar's mind drew a blank.

Was he forgetting something?

In front of him, the pale asymmetrical towers of Aningmoon Castle disappear into darkness in contrast with the calm, leaden-blue skies.

Serenity prevails outside the Aningmoon Castle.

What was he here for?

Oh.

Toril Maely's prisoners. Right? Wait— Prisoners? Wasn't it just one?

A human prisoner.

Edith.

In the East Wing. And Julius.

Where was he?

Czar sucks in a breath, tipping his raven head against his fingers. He smells fire and everything that it kissed on its way. He smells ashes and dust but no rotting flesh.

Were there no casualties as of yet? That's borderline impossible.

Czar closes his eyes and concentrates on a bubbling feeling within himself. It's his bond with Julius. It's still there. Prominent and throbbing.

He's alive. But for how long?

Jumping off his bike, Czar runs towards the East towers.

He throws his helmet at a snarling skeleton standing outside the bricked walls. Its head goes flying into a tree and its body flings after the said head.

Czar pulls open the chain doors to get inside the inner premise of the Castle. Nobody greets him. He had a strange inkling that people used to be here. Shrugging the thought away, he runs ahead.

The hallway is laden with flaming skeletons.

Ah, finally something that Czar could vent on. His lips pull into a wannabe ghost of a smile.

The hallway is narrow, grimy, but assorted with everything that Czar could use as a weapon. The three different sized paintings on the wall took three heads down. A fire extinguisher, formerly hung beside the door,  worked well in crushing them.

Czar pulls apart a nearby stool's legs and uses them as daggers, taking head after head down. This was exhilarating.

He doges their shaky burning limbs  with graceful ease. Using the walls he kicks and punches around the moaning mess of bones surrounding him.

He doges their weapons with the remnants of their crushed skulls. The only thing resistant to hell fire would be creatures of hell themselves.

He uses the stooltop as a shield for flaming knives and scythes and the broken bones to get them away.

He doges bullets with finess, extinguishing the skeletons' burning ribs with some water from the flowerpots.

His empty feet were bleeding after stepping on everything that was in their way, but that was the only damage he had taken uptil now.

And so it remains as he navigates his way to the East Wing after smashing four skeletons with a three volume Directory of the Shadow Empire.

Julius' scent grows more prominent and so does Edith's. They're both inside. What were they doing together? Planning treason against him?

But wait... There is another scent around them.

A scent different from these gruesome skeletons and that of Julius and Edith.

It is deathly, heady, powerful and stale. Was it the Necromancer?

With an enraged growl and slashing another head off from a sword that was formerly hung on a wall, Czar kicks the doors open.