The One With The Blackout

Unedited

"Mornin'" Chandler smirked from his place leaning on the counter in their apartment.
"Don't," Bridget pointed a warning finger at him as she left her room, still in her pyjamas. "I need water," she grumbled as she made her way to the sink beside Chandler, however it appeared he was one step ahead of her. He slid a glass of water and a pack of painkillers across the counter towards her. She smiled gratefully at him, "Thanks,"

"So," he paused as he threw himself onto the sofa beside her, "how was your night?" He asked in a teasing tone. She shook her head with a slight laugh.
"I give up on dates. And drinking,"
"That good then,"
"I guess that's what I get for just going on a date to get over Dean,"
"That's why you went? There's nothing to get over, I mean have you seen the guy?" Chandler joked, but she didn't really laugh. "Bridge," he grabbed her shoulder and turned her to face him. "The guy cheated on you, and it's not even like it was a one time thing. He was basically living a double life! You deserve so much better than him.  Anyway, you've got all of us,"

She smiled at him and he smiled back warmly, looking down before looking back into her eyes. She said nothing, looking back towards the telly, not paying attention to what was playing.
"It's just-" She sighed. "I really thought I loved him and I- I've never really loved anyone before. Not like that,"
He watched her with sympathetic eyes, stuck for words. She stood up, making her way to her room. "Welp, that was a pretty deep conversation for ten in the morning, I'm gonna go change," she laughed, her mood seemingly changing. Before Chandler could speak, she went into her bedroom.

Looking in the mirror, Bridget fixed her hair. Chandler was right, there was nothing to get over, she did deserve better than him. Feeling slightly better, yet still with a raging hangover, she got changed and left the room. Seeing neither Chandler or Joey was there, she went across the hall and into Monica's apartment, finding the whole group there.

They all watched her without saying anything as she walked in.
"So, I guess Chandler told you," she said, opening the fridge scavenging for breakfast.
"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry it didn't work out," Monica rubbed her shoulder as she took a seat at the dining table.
"Don't be, it wasn't supposed to. We've all been on dates like that," with this statement, she got nods of agreement, and with that, the subject was changed and everything was back to normal.

A while later, Bridget
walked beside Chandler, facing the biting Manhattan wind.
"Could we not have gotten a cab, it's freezing," she complained, wrapping her coat tighter around her.
"We're here now," Chandler answered, opening the door of the atm vestibule for her and following behind. As he went to use the atm, the lights went out. The pair looked around confused. With furrowed eyebrows, Bridget went to open the doors. They wouldn't budge.
"There must be a blackout," Chandler spoke from behind her. She turned around and the man already prepared himself for her inevitable sarcastic comment. However she just reached into her purse and grabbed her mobile phone.

"We should call them and check they're okay," she said, dialling the number to Monica's apartment.
"Mon? Hey, yeah we're okay. Is that Joey? Oh yeah okay, one second," she looked up from the floor at Chandler, who's eyes where already on her.
"It's Joey, he said he wants to talk to you," she handed him the phone with a confused laugh as he took it.

"Joey? Yeah, I'm with Bridge. No, we I-" He stopped, looking puzzled. "Okay, yep, okay, oh no the phones about to die okay bye," he hung up the phone, handing it back over.
"You're a convincing liar," she said sarcastically, making him laugh.

Around half an hour later, the two where sat leaned against the wall, with Bridget leaned slightly into Chandler's side in a state of tiredness.
"I'm starving, what's in the purse," Chandler reached across her and grabbed her purse. She watched him open it, looking through the contents inside. He pulled out one bottle of water and pack of gum.
"This is all you have," he questioned, holding it up.
"In my defense, I don't usually carry a purse ready for a survival situation like this one,"

"You want one?" She asked, holding the pack of gum.
"Is it sugarless?"
"Sugarless?" She laughed. "Just have one ya weirdo,"

They both sat, trying to blow bubbles.
"I don't get how it works," Bridget tried again, failing.
"You've just got to-" Chandler attempted to blow a bubble again, before the gum shot out of his mouth and onto the shelf above them.
"Ohhhh like that, okay I get it now,"

After a couple of hours of failed gum blowing and pointlessly stupid conversations, the lights came back on. Bridget looked up, before looking at Chandler with a grin.
"Finally! Come on, let's go get some food, I'm starving." Chandler stood up, offering his hand to her. She took it, hauling herself up.
"So you've mentioned about twenty times. Where do you wanna go,"
"I will literally go anywhere at this point,"
"You're so dramatic, come on I know a place," she took his hand, taking him out of the vestibule.

As they began to walk down the street, Bridget released his hand, wrapping herself in her arms to shield herself from the cold.
"How far is this place,"
"Like, a ten minute walk from here I think,"
"Here you go then," he took off his coat and tried to hand it to her.
"Come on, keep your coat on, you'll freeze." She stopped, looking at him.
"No, I'm actually kind of warm," he lied.
"You don't have to,"
"Just take the coat woman!" He joked, making her laugh and take it off him, slipping it over her shoulders, appreciating the sudden warmth.

Eventually, they arrived at the place, taking a booth in a quiet corner.
"It's where I went on that date last night. The food was actually pretty good,"

They talked and laughed through the night.
"You know, getting trapped in an atm vestibule with you was ten times better than any time I went to some fancy resteraunt with Dean," she told him truthfully as they began the walk back to their building.
"Then we should do it more often," he laughed.

A/N
First chapter and its this short 💀💀 promise the next ones will be better and LONGER