The One With The Birth

Ross stood, waiting eagerly in the hallway for his friends to be ready. Carol was about to have a baby.

Bridget was already dressed, she waited for the boys in the apartment and went over to the fridge, taking out Joeys sandwich and placing it on the side, she knew he'd be hungry in the cab.
"Bridget, get out of the fridge!" Ross shouted from the hallway.
"It's for Joey!"

Eventually, everyone was gathered in the hallway, except Monica.
"Monica, come on now! Let's go! Baby coming!" He announced, his patience running thin. Monica emerged from her apartment with tears running down her cheeks.
"I can't believe it. I'm gonna be an aunt. I'm gonna have a nephew," she looked at them in disbelief.
"That's nice. Get out, let's go. Come on!" Ross herded them down the stairs. Halfway down, Ross stopped, looking blankly in disbelief. Chandler and Bridget stopped and noticed, turning around to get him.
"Here we go, here we go," Chandler mumbled as he took Ross' shoulder.
"Come on," Bridget took the other.

Ross, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, Bridget and Chandler where all sat in the waiting room, with still no sign of Carol and Susan.
"She's not here yet. She's not here. She's having my baby and she's not here," Ross paced around worried.
"I'm sure everything's fine," Monica calmed him, "has her water broke yet?"
"I don't know, but when I spoke to her, she said she had already passed the mucus plug,"

At this sentence, Joey made a sound of absolute disgust. Bridget nudged him in the side.
"Joey, what are you gonna do when you have a baby?" Bridget asked in disbelief.
"I'm gonna be in the waiting room, handing out cigars," he shrugged.
"Yes, Joeys made arrangements to have his baby in a movie from the '50s," Chandler quipped.

A short while later, and Carol and Susan had finally arrived, and where now in a hospital room with Ross. Still in the waiting room, Bridget and Chandler where sat on a pair of chairs. The girl watched with desperate eyes as each newborn baby was rolled past, shifting under the weight of Chandler almost asleep on her shoulder.
"I want a baby," she whined as yet another newborn was taken past her.
"Mmm not tonight honey, I got an early day tomorrow," he mumbled, moving in his chair and pressing his face further into her shoulder. Both oblivious to the look they got from Joey, who was watching the knicks game in another part of the room.
"Get up, come on, let's get some coffee," Bridget moved Chandler off her shoulder and stood infront of him, holding out her hand for him to help himself up. He took it, groaning.
"Oh, okay, cos we never do that,"

She rolled her eyes with a smile as the pair left to find some caffeine to keep themselves awake. Eventually they returned with the drinks to Phoebe playing a song in the waiting room. Ross reached over, giving her a dollar.
"Thanks Ross,"
"Yeah, I'm paying you to stop,"
"Okay! " Phoebe shrugged with a smile, placing down her guitar.

A woman passed by the group, carrying two newborn twins. Bridget's expressions softened as she watched them go by.
"That's not fair! I don't even get one, how come they get two?" She complained, looking down sadly.
"You'll get one," Chandler turned to look at the girl, taking her hands.
"Oh yeah? When?"
"I don't know, but you will," he replied simply, making her smile at him. Their lingering stares, obvious to the rest of their friends, where broken when Rachel came in, wearing a dress that was definitely not suit for a hospital.
"Look at you, dressy dress," Bridget pointed to the girls dress as she turned to face her.
"Yeah, well, it's an important day. I wanna look nice. Um, has uh Dr. Franzblau been by?" She looked around for him.
"No I haven't seen him," Monica shrugged.
"Well where is he? He is supposed to be here," she paused, looking at her friends faces, "What if the baby needs him?"

Bridget shook her head with a laugh, getting comfier on the chair.
"Rachel, what is the deal with you and doctors anyway? Wasn't like, your father a doctor?" Chandler asked.
"Yeah, why?" Rachel looked at her friend obliviously.
"No reason," Chandler turned his head to look at Bridget beside him as they exchanged wide eyed looks.