[First Friday]

*
Raema POV

Waking up to an unfamiliar ceiling and the sound of cars rushing by at alarming rates, I found myself officially.... In hiding.

I rubbed my eyes, hopped out of bed and checked my phone while going to the bathroom. I got the usual check-up from Seoya and the delivery of my groceries at my door 15 minutes ago.

Not wanting to respond to Seoya, I go pick up my groceries from the front door and place them in the kitchen. As I was debating what to cook today, I remembered something a little important.

Today was Friday.

A part of me wanted to assume he wasn't going to actually wait for me. It was currently 11:23am and that would leave me with less then 4 hours to get ready... let alone mentally prepare myself if he wasn't going to show up.

I sat down at the kitchen island table and weighed my pros and cons on the notes app from my phone.

'TO GO OR NOT TO GO
JIMIN EDITION'

....Pro: He's hot...
... Con: He could be a psycho or a killer...
Pro: I know self defence
Con: I don't know what to wear
Pro:....... He could be my chance

"My chance." I sighed to myself as I put my phone down and lean on the island.

My last relationship was horrifying and honestly, very traumatic. He, who's name shall not be spoken, was my first serious boyfriend and we dated for 4 1/2 years before I found out what was going on behind the curtain.

The usual: drug deals, shootings and my personal worst, cheating.

Suddenly pushing me out of my thoughts, I heard a few bang at my door. My first instinct is to reach in my kitchen cabinet to grab my gun. Putting it behind me in my pants, covered by my top, I walked towards the door.

The person continued to bang and as I quietly stepped forward and opened the door while having my arm behind my back, ready to pull it out whenever.

"Why the fuck aren't you answering your phone" Seoya says while barging in the room like she owns the place. My shoulders relaxed and I sighed.

"What the fuck Seoya??? Why are you banging the door like some PIMP?"

She started laughing and stated, "Well... you'd answer the door faster that way, I figured." She grunts as she drops herself on the couch in my living room.

I lock the door and place my gun on the island.

"Damn girl, I scared you that bad. What's up with that?" She pointed at the gun.

"I'm always ready. Learned my lesson real quick." Seoya had a moment of silenced pity, probably remembering why I always have a gun ready.

"Scorp needs us today. We have a big job."

I tense fully as I take a seat beside her, "What job?"

"Diago is in town and he wants to see you to distribute some heavy weight. We know you were supposed to be in hiding but this supplier isn't exactly the easy type, as you already know." She explained as my brain wasn't registering anything.

"Why isn't scorpion giving me this briefing?"

"She got.... Caught up."

"Caught up? You come barging in here about some big job and now all of a sudden, scorpion is caught up? Big fucking deal, go yourself. I have shit to do"

Seoya gets up from the couch and pulls her gun out of her belt loop, she drops it on the table and looked at me dead in the eyes.

"We're friends first but we're also in this shit hole of a business. I need you in or you're gonna be dealing with another version of myself."

In the years I've known Seoya, I have witnessed her true eyes three times. This is one of those times and it definitely tells me that this... is not an ordinary job.

"Okay, holy fuck. I'll be there."

She grabs her gun, switches the safety on and puts it back in her belt loop.

"Answer your fucking phone next time, I'll be sending you the signal."

She slams the door behind her and I'm left... annoyed.

What the fuck... what the fuck do I do...?