133: Josh vs Chase

You'd made it through the weekend and even though you'd spent most of it alone, things had been peaceful. You'd done a convincing job of making sure Emma didn't feel bad leaving you alone while she spent the night with Bryce. You still didn't know where Nessa had gone off to, but you really hoped she wasn't using this time apart from Josh to get closer to him herself. She had been the one to tell you to just give it a little space because he still loved you but what if it was all a part of her game?

It was now Sunday afternoon and you had already managed to finish all of your laundry and dishes. You'd even watched 3 movies before finally breaking down and deciding to reach out to your mom. She'd sent you several messages the last few days and really seemed to be trying to not push so you finally responded.

 She'd sent you several messages the last few days and really seemed to be trying to not push so you finally responded

You got to the house and things were going really smoothly, at first. You had a lovely lunch and she'd even agreed to let you take your bedroom furniture if you still wanted it. You hadn't gotten around to buying new after everything that happened with Josh a few days ago, so that was a relief. You sent Chase a quick message asking for help.

You decided to finally open up to your mom about your impending court date

You decided to finally open up to your mom about your impending court date. She seemed to not take it personally that you hadn't really opened up about it. And even though she knew the backstory with Noah, it had gone surprisingly trauma-free trying to bring her up to date on the safe version of what had gone down the day the backyard was destroyed. That changed when she asked:
"Is Josh going to be there?"

You really weren't sure you were ready to open up to her about that but your emotional overflow had different plans as you teared up and told her everything. She already knew a lot of the circumstances from previous times you'd asked for advice, so it wasn't much of a shock.

Mom: "Honey, I wish I had the answers this time, but I think that Nessa girl had the right idea. Just give it a little time. But in the meanwhile, I would really love to come support you at the trial if that's okay."

You agreed but looked down at your phone and realized the time:
"I should probably go. I had fun, Mom but I don't really want to be here when Dad gets home."

Mom: "Um- Sweetie, your dad actually moved out."

You: "Oh my God. Mom!! Are you okay?"

Mom: "It's just for right now but yeah... I think I'm okay. All I know for sure is I'm not letting him back until he makes some big changes."