V

Vote

He had finally left your home and it was as though relief coursed through you as you watched him walked to his house. He couldn't walk fast enough for you as he took his time and looked around.

The front window curtains were open just a crack so you could see him. He took one look back towards your house and you saw him pause as his face swept the exterior of your home. His head stopped in the direction of the window and you didn't move a fraction. He didn't move from his spot as he looked straight at where you stood unmoving.

He was still close enough for you to see his face clearly and his infamous smirk was painted on as he raised his hand in your direction. It aggravated you how smug he acted.

Once he went inside you broke away from your position post at the window and walked deeper into the home.

Your parents had decided to keep all of the original paintings that had come with the house and they still rested in their original places.

With the home being founded hundreds of years back the creaks of the floorboards and the shaking of the frame when the wind hit all added up to a frightening experience when home alone.

Currently a thick cloud cover blanketed over your area and a pulsing wind overtook making the trees shake violently. You could hear the rushing of water from the sound over everything; a rain had just passed through and it lasted a few days adding more roaring water to the already filled sound.

You walked back up into your room and sat on the corner of your bed and layer back. The smooth surface of your ceiling greeted your eyes and you turned your head to face your open window-wall.

Standing back up you made your way over and peered into Harry's backyard. You were startled as you saw he was tending to his rose bushes.

Seeing the roses only brought back memories of the night before last and the hair on your arms stood up as you recounted how he acted the next day.

~Flashback~

"What happened to your finger?" It was almost with genuine concern that he picked up your hand and softly ran his finger over your wounded one.

"I got pricked by a flower." You said shortly and tried to pull your hand out of his but he wouldn't let go. If anything his grip on your hand tightened and he placed more pressure on your bandaid ridden finger.

"That's too bad, you should have awoken me." It was surprising he wasn't coping up to being the one that had snuck into your room and placing it there. Everything with him was deception and you were quickly picking up on that.

"I'm fine with doing without." You tugged your hand back and walked into the dining room, leaving him behind to trail along. You were in no mood to deal with his actions or his cockiness this morning.

You were just about to walk in when he grasped your arm and pulled your back to meet his chest. You could feel him breathing down on you and by the way his stance was you could tell he was upset.

"You'll need me. At some point, might not be now but you will." He spat out and let go of you before leaving all together.

"Oh Harry I didn't see you, I've just made breakfast would you like some?" Your mothers voice carried into the hall where you were still standing, stunned at what just happened.

"I'm fine thank you. I'm going to go for a walk," he walked back out and passed by you without a second glance and went through the front door.

~End of Flashback~

He didn't say a word to you that entire day until that evening when more roses were found on your nightstand.

You knew they were from him but you didn't offer any thanks and he didn't offer an explanation as to why they were there. It was a strange situation between the both of you and it constantly made your mind spin to try and understand him.

That last night he was around your home was spent with you pacing around and trying to come up with a plan that would give you answers.

You had gotten out your white board and mapped out a plan that was going to be perfectly implemented that could not go wrong, or so you had hoped.

Breaking into someone's home was never on your list of proper things to do but there was not to this man then met the eye and you wanted to know what it was.

He scared you but your overpowering need for answers took over. It would be a massive leap to attempt to break in but something in you knew that everything would be answered this way.

He had mentioned that night at dinner with your parents that he was driving into town for some important meeting with the city council; you knew that the meeting would last for a few hours and that would be the perfect time to take a look around.

You were still standing in front of your window looking down at his backyard as he went back inside. You left your place and got into more appropriate clothing as you began the first steps of your plan.

You forced a smile on your face as you walked out your front door and over to his. You knocked softly and waited for him to answer the door.

When he did you couldn't help but laugh slightly at his bemused expression. You thought to yourself that he would have never guessed that it would be to you that he answered the door to.