X

"What did you find out?" He repeated and you let out a little huff.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all."

He whipped his head around to face you quickly as he paused. He looked confused at you answer as he fully faced you now.

"Nothing?" He looked appalled to be frank.

"I tried but I didn't get any responses." You didn't say anything about that one email that was responded too because you didn't know how unstable his reaction would be.

He began to laugh loudly and he clutched at his sides. Your eyes widened as you watched him and you weren't sure what to do. His reactions and emotions were keeping you on your toes and you didn't know what to expect from him.

He walked around from behind you and began to undo the ropes binding you to the chair. He pulled you up by the arm and you wobbled about before you got your bearings.

"I can't believe I thought you could dig up more." He said through laughter as he pulled you outside through the front door. At first you thought that he was bringing you back to your house but he was walking in the direction of the sound. You began to scream once again but he covered your mouth.

The roaring sound of the water filled your ears as he dragged you along with it. With his elbow he opened the gate lock and there you were, standing on the edge.

The dark night sky with its pale moon was the only light that let you see what was below. You could see the water moving fast and the roaring was loud enough that you had to yell over it.

He held you tightly as you both looked down at the sound and its roaring and rapid waters. The hands that held you felt cold and your mind felt dizzy from looking down at the doom that lurked below.

He let go of you suddenly and you were stunned at the lack of contact seeing as it was him that was holding you upright. The rocky ground beneath you offered not friction as you slipped up a bit.

You stumbled and yelped as your footing was compromised but you regained your balance fairly quick. Your body was shaking as you moved more away from him as he just stood there.

"You're insane." You yelled over the water and he just shook his head sadly at you.

"She made me like this!" He yelled back and you wondered for a split second if he was talking about M. Gates. You felt bad for him, for a moment you looked at him as someone who needed help.

As you both stared at one another in the darkness that the nighttime provided you saw only remorse written on his face.

"Is M. Gates a she?"

"Yes," he spoke so softly that you almost didn't hear him. He no longer was looking at you but looking at the water beneath you.

In the distance sirens sounded loud in the quite nighttime air. He paled at the sound whereas you grinned widely. Finally you would be safe.

He looked at you and spoke the final words you'd hear from him.

"You reminded me of her, that's why I did the things I did. You were so much like her it hurt." He reached out to touch you face but the rocky ground made him stumble and fall to the ground.

With a sickening crunch he fell to the ground and the rocks made his body shift to rest halfway over the side.

You screamed as his hands tried to grip anything to stay up and not fall into the waters below. The sirens were coming closer and suddenly lights were blinding you as you reached forward to grasp his hand.

He held onto yours tightly as you tried to move your body to pull him back up. You could hear the shuffling of feet and the loud yells of the officers as you held on tightly to his hand.

Your heart sank as his grip on yours started to lessen from the sweat between them and your hands slipped from one another.

Two screams filled the air that night.