VII

How unexpected this situation was, but all the worst situations are just: unexpected. You didn't know how to react to your current situation as you hid deep into your closet, covered by clothes.

Your heavy metal trophy, one you had won when you had played soccer in your adolescent years, next to you. It was just waiting to defend you from the force lurking in your house.

You knew you had been playing with fire but it was the curiosity that overcame you and it was this riveting sense of interest that consumed you that helped make the decisions you had made.

With every creak and shutter the house made you could feel your heart beat faster and the pounding in your heart never gave up. It was a constant drumming and the blood flowing through your veins that took over your focus as you stayed as quiet as possible.

You knew he was aware of your presence in the house. He had been clever that way, always watching, always waiting for the right moment.

You had to stifle your scream as you heard footsteps coming up the stairs to your room and you felt the air rush out of your lungs as the door opened slowly.

Loud boot steps stopped right in front of where your closet was and you could hear the exhale of breath.

"Come on love, the closet really?" The doors were slowly opened, and there stood the man you hated most.

"It's very rude to hide from your lovely neighbor."

~2 Weeks Earlier~

"Please explain to me why I couldn't come?" You couldn't help but whine to your parents as they placed their bags on the front steps.

"Work, you know that." Your mother spoke as she placed her last bag on the steps for your father to take. You groaned in exasperation.

"For this long?" You snapped and immediately apologized after to your mother. It was just astounding to you how they could leave you for weeks, alone and tended to by your neighbor.

"Watch your tone young lady, and you should be grateful that Harry has stepped up and said he would look over you while we were gone." She snapped herself and walked over to where you father was talking to Harry. She placed her hand on his shoulder and spoke to the both of them and gave a long glance in your direction.

You caught Harry's eye and as a smirk came across his face you bound back inside and went straight to your room.

You closed the door and slide against it as you sat on the floor, trying to get your thoughts together. Your hands shook slightly as you closed your eyes and leaned your head back. Your mind kept flashing images of you breaking into Harry's house, the camera, the name.

They all blurred together and you clutched your head as you sat still. You never expected yourself to be in the position that you were in and you were desperately craving to be out of it.

As for the name you had been doing all the research you could. Between making phone calls from names out of the phone book to call and searching the internet for any information. You even sent emails to people who may have had information. M.Gates had your attention and you were doing all means to figure things out and find this figure.

You had even done research on Harry but there was nothing to find. Other then an article from a high school he had attended there was nothing more on your mysterious neighbor. You didn't know what frightened you more, having him watch over you or knowing he was hiding something.

It was a scary thought to entertain as you could think of several things he could do. The man was an absolute charmer so it would not be surprising if he had everyone in the palms of his hands. He was smart, calculating, he oozed contempt. There was so much more to him and you feared what you would uncover.

~~~

"So do you want to watch a movie?" You were currently sitting on Harry's couch as he stood in front of the cabinet that housed his movies.

"I'm getting tired so I think I might head home," his head shot up and he looked at you with hardened eyes.

"I told your parents I would watch over you so every other night we will be alternating houses, you sleep here tonight and I'll be over there tomorrow." Your mouth popped open and your eyes bugged as you took him in. He couldn't be serious... could he be?

"That is outrageous Harry! I can take care of myself." You muttered as he walked closer to you, movie cabinet forgotten as he kneeled in front of you so that your faces were leveled.

His hands came out and cupped your cheeks softly in his calloused palms.

"I'll be the one taking care of you for the next few weeks, get used to it love." He got back up and picked a movie of random, pooped it into the player and sat right next to you. All of the lights were off and a warm blanket separated your body from his as his arm came around your shoulders and shoved you right into his side.

"Enjoy the movie flower." He whispered in your ear and you turned your head up to face him.

"Flower?" You questioned but he didn't answer as he chuckled as though you were part of some silent joke and turned his attention to the screen.

The next few weeks were going to be very long at this going rate.