3 || The Vigilante

Midoriya sat on the bed with an exhausted huff. He buried his face in his hands. It had taken him nearly an hour for him to get his mom to stop fussing over him. She'd seen the incident on TV, and immediately started to worry when she saw her son and his childhood friend struggling in the fight. 

     His eyes peaked through his fingers and immediately bright yellow, blue and red overwhelmed his vision. All Might figurines, posters and clothing, even blankets cluttered his room and he felt a painful tug at his heart.

     "If you want to help others, then you could also become a police officer, or a nurse."

     It hurt him the more he thought about it, and the more he looked at the memorabilia the more he thought about it. It shouldn't hurt, it was only advice. But it hurt anyways.

     It hurt and it hurt and he couldn't stop staring at the plastic faces of All Might.

     Making his way to the desk, he carefully picked up an old figurine next to his laptop. It was All Might, of course, in the classic pose. Two fists on his hips and his (previously believed) never-ending smile shining white. It was mildly expensive, and Midoriya had bought it himself with his allowance. Limited addition, apparently.

     "If you want to help others, then you could also become a police officer, or a nurse."

     The words bounced around his head tauntingly, and in a fit of rage, Midoriya threw the fragile figure at the wall. Hard.

     The snap! was loud and echoed in his mind. Luckily he hadn't damaged the wall, but the previously well-kept figure lay torn in half at his feet.

     Where had all of this rage come from? He hadn't lost self control like this before that day. His eyes finally snapped away from the figurine as he heard a soft, cautious knock on the door.

     "Izuku, honey, are you alright? I heard something." His mother's concerned voice came out muffled behind the wood.

     "Uh- yeah, mom! My umm, err, SHIRT! ... Fell..." He stuttered out, mentally cursing himself. Shirt? Really?

     There was a slight pause. "Your shirt?" His mom asked, probably thinking the same thing.

     "I was in it...?" Midoriya responded. His mother's small chuckle made him sigh in relief, "Izu, you're silly. Alright, I was just making sure you were okay- you are okay, right?"

     "Yeah, of course mom."

     "Alright, dinner will be ready soon!"

     Midoriya waited with bated breath until he couldn't hear her footsteps anymore. He sighed, picking up the two halves of the figurine and tossing them into the small trash can in the corner of his room.

With a quick glance around his room, the quote still hurled itself at his skull each time he saw All Might's face. He'd have to redecorate. 

     Later, after a quick dinner, Izuku was scrolling through his tumblr dashboard, averting his eyes to the many, many All Might posts. He'd also have to unfollow some accounts. And Chang who's profile. And change his account name.

     And his entire internet presence.

     WHO let him be so obsessed? He supposed it had been a good thing, at least, before actually meeting All Might. Chewing absentmindedly on his pen, Midoriya stopped on a long post that had caught his eye with its title.

AMERICA AND ITS 

VIGILANTES