10 || Tenya Iida Of The Iida Family

A/N! SORRY THIS IS SLIGHTLY LATE, BUT APPARENTLY @ImSad_HiSadImDad WAS HAVING TROUBLE COPYING THIS ONE, SO YEA. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THEM! PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GET ANYMORE CRAMPED FINGERS OR STUFF!

Anyways, moving on!

     Midoriya wished Mei's exams were on the same day as his. He had hardly left her side recently and now he had to walk into U.A alone. Sighing, he gathered his confidence and pushed himself through the gates. 

     He was about halfway to the doors when someone shoved into him. Midoriya stumbled back and looked up, locking eyes with a familiar red pair.

      Despite his recent hobbies, and by hobbies I mean taking on people twice his age daily at night under the cover of the new vigilante Valor, he still found himself scared of his ex-classmate. Maybe ut was because, no matter how many times Bakugou hurt him, he couldn't find it in him to hate him.

      The lack of hatred meant he would hesitate to fight with him, and hesitation got you killed in an actual fight. Hesitation got others killed in an actual fight. Hesitation wasn't a good thing, in any scenario, in jobs like his.

     "Nerd! Where the hell were you? Were you trying to avoid me?Think I'm not worth your time, hah!?" His voice was booming and most people nearby shot them looks. A few even stopped, considering stepping in.

     Midoriya remembered now, Bakugou thought he went for the hero course. He problably should've seen this coming, "Kacchan-" "Don't interrupt me, Deku!" 

     Midoriya cringed at the insult. He sighed, "Kacchan, i-" 

     Bakugou growled,"What'd I just say, damn nerd!? Stop thinking you're above me, you're at the bottom of the barrel! I'm surprised you even survived those exams!" He barked at Midoriya , who was standing there awkwardly.

     A teen coming from the school, most likely from the hero course exams like Bakugou, stepped between them, "You two! What is the meaning of this disruption?"

     "Back off, four eyes! This doesn't concern you!" Bakugou yelled, raising his hands as if he was about to use his quirk on the poor guy.

     Midoriya sighed, maybe it was finally time to swallow his fear and atand up for himself for once. 

     "Kacchan, I'm not even-" 

     "SHUT UP, STUPID DEKU!" 

      "As a fellow potential U.A student, I must adk you lower your voice, your tone is highly inappropriate! Also, let-" 

      "YOU TOO FOUR EYES, SCRAM! YOU PROBLABLY WON'T EVEN MAKE IT IN, I DON'T HAVE TO LSITEN TO AN EXTRA LIKE YOU!" 

     "Shut up, Kacchan!" Midoriya yelled, fuming. Talking down to Midoriya was one thing, but Izuku can't stand it when he'd bully others.

     Katsuki stilled for a moment, his surprise very obviously about to melt into explosive rage. Midoriya would have to explain himself quick if he'd want to make it to the exams instead of the hospital.

     "I'm not even here for the hero exams! I didn't even apply for those!" Midoriya explained,"I'm taking the general education exams in thirty minutes." 

     Katsuki was surprised. The boy who'd told him he'd be a hero no matter what he said was standing in front of him and telling him he'd given up.

     "Don't lie to me, Deku-"

     "I'm not Kacchan, I listened to you. You're right, I couldn't save a single person even if I tried. I'm Quirkless." Now it was the unknown teen's turn to be surprised. U.A. never had a Quirkless student, regardless the course.

     "So instead im thinking about something simple. I've thought about starting a small bakery!" Midoriya lied through his teeth. Actually it was kind of sad, but he'd known it since the start that it would be hard being a vigilante for a year, let alone four. 

     He didn't expect to make it very far, but as long as he was saving people, he didn't care. He hadn't told Mei about his concerns, but he didn't have to. Mei did subtle things to reassure him.

     Despite his bold-faced lie, he smiled a sweet, innocent smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. Kacchan seemed at a loss for words.

     "Tch, whatever nerd. Don't expect to get in. You're still Quirkless. Damn Deku." Kacchan mumbled, shoving past Midoriya's shoulders roughly. Izuku had never seem him so quiet.

     The blue haired teen watched awkwardly, having seen the entire thing go down. His hands were stuck in a weird robot-like postition, hands stiff, as if if he relaxed he'd break the entire world.

     "Ah, sorry you had to see that! Me and Kacchan are, er- childhood friends!" Midoriya wasn't sure about the 'friend' part.

     The teen chopped at the air and shook his head. "No need to apologise! I'm sure I didn't understand part of that, for there was no context. I wish you luck, mister, err-"

     "Midoriya. Izuku Midoriya, how about you?" Midoriya held out a hand, mind flashing back to that girl, Momo Yaoyorozu, if he remembered correctly.

     "Nice to meet you Midoriya!" He shook his hand. "I am Tenya Iida of the Iida family!" His voice filled with pride and Midoriya immediately recognised the name.

     Despite having stopped his notes, he still kept up with heroes, although for a new reason. Mostly, he memorized things about local heroes in case he'd needed to use it in a potential fight with one. If he remembered correctly, Iida was the last name of popular hero Ingenium. "Oh! Are you related to Ingenium!" 

     Midoriya's eyes lit up, but not from acting now. He thought it genuinely cool that he may have happened to run into a hero's brother on the way to an exam. Iida straightened up more, if possible, and smiled, "Ah, I see you're familiar! Ingenium is my older brother! I'm very proud of his work as a hero!" His hands chopped at the air and Midoriya made note to be cautious around him when he's excited. 

     "That's so cool! You're coming back from the hero course exams, right?" Midoriya swayed on his heels. 

     "Yes, actually!"

     "Well I hope you make it in, I have a feeling you'll make a wonderful hero one day!" Izuku meant what he'd said. This guy may have been a bit intense, but intense was exactly his style. Or maybe he'd been hanging out with Mei a bit too much. 

     "Thank you, that was incredibly kind! Similarly, I wish you luck in your exams, Midoriya! I hope we both make it in! I'd love to see you as a fellow student one day!" Iida's hands continued to swing, but it didn't bother Izuku. After all, it was equivalent to Mei's bouncing to him, a habit they couldn't help and it didn't make them worse off. 

     Actually, it helped them become more memorable, honestly. Midoriya caught sight of the time, "Shoot! Exams are soon! I hope to see you again, Iida!" Midoriya waved and sprinted off towards the doors.

     Midoriya left the building late, feeling rather confident. Although maybe he did a bit worse than he would have otherwise. Something about his run-in with Bakugou had thrown him off. 

     He later told Mei all about Bakugou and Tenya Iida. 

     "Crazy coming from me, but be careful around that Eye-duh, kid-" 

     "Iida." 

     "Already forgot- anyways, be careful around him, he said himself his brother is a local hero and Valor kind of wouldn't be adored by the heroes if they knew about 'em. And I don't think you'll stay unnoticed for long with all those rumours going around, Izu." 

     Shoot. Midoriya hadn't thought of that.

{1229 Words}

A/N 

I'M SO SO SORRY ABOUT NOT UPDATING! MY FRIEND WAS HAVING TROUBLE COPYING IT, SO WE HAD TO TYPE UP PART OF THIS PARTICULAR CHAPTER! SORRY!

Charizard, OUT!