1- what an interesting series of events

Edited- 19/09/23

Percy sighed feeling the way his muscles complained about the odd ways he was contorting them. In his cabin, in his bed, he could have looked like he was recreating some of his fight scenes with the way he was twisting and bending.

However, he was just caught up in his thoughts and was feeling extremely restless. He had planned to try keep a proper sleeping schedule for once and, well, too bad it was nowhere near New Years so he could more than happily give up on his short-lived goal. His ADHD was decidedly NOT having it.

His thoughts were racing around his head, almost dizzying in the mental whiplash they were giving him. For example, would pineapple taste good in tacos? What would happen if he went to therapy? Would they believe him if he just went, 'I have an overgrown absent dad that turns out to be the king of blobfish and has a fucked-up family, but anyway I killed my grandad and HIS fucked-up family for the shits and giggles lol'.

Oh, and not to mention the persistent reminder that his jeans were too tight and that he should buy new ones before his legs matched the theme of his cabin. Very blue, that is.

Well, you get his problem, very distracting.

What was he on about again? He should really invest his time into meditation. Maybe then he would better understand his freaky power AND be able to think better. Would Annabeth have tips for him? He doubts that the stereotypical bone-breaking cross-legged sit and okay hand symbols would do much. Is there a god for that? Meditation? Do they float everywhere with their eyes closed surrounded by lotuses and luxuriously draped fabrics?

Gods, he should stop going on tangents in his mind, shouldn't he? Ooh, a podcast might be nice. Sprinkle in a cheeky monster fighting ASMR here and there, too. The electronics would definitely attract a lot of them. Though, the screeching and squawking would be a bit off-putting. Eh, whatever.

...

Right, Percy's freaky power. He should clarify a little.

Perseus Achilles Jackson was a faulty divine battery that could be used however and whenever, and he was (not) proud of it.

Do not ask how he found out about this. (It came with a manual from the Fates, they got bored, apparently, or it was just mess-with-Percy-day. Hooray!).

This special power-up of an ability was stressing him out. If one, or more, of the gods found out then he was done for. What it entailed, in short, was that whenever he made physical contact- hugs, high-fives, kisses, more, brackets winky face- with a god or other similar divine being then they would receive a sort of power rush as if he was some humanoid charger. You see, he would not mind it per say if he knew that his ability would not be immediately abused and exploited for others' benefits.

It made him overly cautious and upset at the same time. For example, he had been growing closer to Hermes after the wars, finding a peaceful, mutually beneficial friendship with the other that he truly treasured although he found himself longing for any sort of touch or form of contact from the guy as well. It would be an understatement if he said he was clingy and protective. There were SO many good opportunities to bond or even to just give a friendly pat on the back or hug that he had to skip and ignore because he did not want to give himself away.